New 'Sense of Africa' tour coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

dreamfinder

I didn't mean literally the same experience as Wild Africa Trek. I just meant it's a similar small group animal encounter experience at a similar duration. Thus, the similar price point seems appropriate.

Eh, I don't think I'd put a 2 hour (assuming they let you eat for an hour or so) truck tour at AKL with some backstage time as nearly the same type of experience as the Wild Africa Trek. The selection of animals and experience are pretty different.

Makamah

$250 seems about right to me. Expensive yes, but considering the limited number of days a week this is running, along with other things included, and looking at the price of comparable offers, it seems to be priced appropriately.
Except when you think this used to cost $75 per adult and $40 per kid and include QS. So they give you boma instead and charge you $175 more

Kind of like when they added MM to the AP and increased the price of the AP. Now when I buy my family AP's I pay more but technically only get 1 MM. Good gig they got going

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Except when you think this used to cost $75 per adult and $40 per kid and include QS. So they give you boma instead and charge you $175 more

Kind of like when they added MM to the AP and increased the price of the AP. Now when I buy my family AP's I pay more but technically only get 1 MM. Good gig they got going

This didn't used to cost anything because this is a new tour that hasn't existed. This isn't the same as the sunrise safari.

OliveMcFly

I happen to have some insider info. Next week they'll be announcing an exclusive tour featuring backstage magic. This tour will provide breakfast for guests at the MK Mouseketeria followed by up-close interactions with Cast Members such as Food & Beverage, Merchandise and more. This all takes place in the utilidors and can be reserved for $300 per guest. There will also be an extended package for an additional $75 called the "Smells of Backstage: An in-depth look at dumpsters". A real steal if you ask me.

dreamfinder

This didn't used to cost anything because this is a new tour that hasn't existed. This isn't the same as the sunrise safari.

It sounds alot like the Wanyama Safari. Admittedly that took place at night, but was approx 3 hr tour/safari at AKL that included dinner at Jiko for $190ish. So $60 more, and going from a high end dinner to a breakfast buffet.

bethymouse

$250 seems about right to me. Expensive yes, but considering the limited number of days a week this is running, along with other things included, and looking at the price of comparable offers, it seems to be priced appropriately.
If Jiko was included it would be since it is their signature restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom