Norway Pavilion's Stave Church closing for refurbishment amid hints of Frozen ride opening date

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
There is no greater learning than exposure. If you count world showcase as a legitimate learning experience then you have already failed.
So all the times my nephews went to Kidcot stations in the pavilions and asked the CM how to say "hello" and "goodbye" in their native language was not a valid learning experience? OR the time a wonderful CM in the China pavilion took a few minutes to explain to the children how the Chinese alphabet has thousands of characters and even took requests of certain words or phrases...I guess that was not legitimate? I failed as an uncle because we have had dozens of experiences like those throughout the years and I thought they were actually learning something. I guess all those CM's were just making stuff up and it was all fake.

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

It's easy to be negative about conversions like Maelstrom given the tragedy of Imagination, but that was in a different era.

I recently experienced two re-do's out on the West coast, and both left me impressed.

The first was the Nemo overlay on the Disneyland Submarines, which has been around awhile. It was very tastefully done and made for a ride that was a huge improvement over the original. Quite a bit of work went into the details and it showed - I've heard that the subs were actually slowed-down to make the story last longer. Impressive.

The second was Luigi's Rollikin' Roadsters, a fantastic save for the doomed Luigi's Flying Tires in Carsland at DCA. A fun ride with an upbeat spirit - the first use of these trackless vehicles in the states. I can't tell you all how much fun it was. To cap it all off, Tony Shalhoub did the vocals, and it was a great experience. Simple, light, rideable, and worth every minute. If you watch this video, you will hear Tony very eloquently describe the essence of his character - and his soundtrack made all the difference.

There can be hope after all.

While I agree with you overall and I definitely think that Frozen will be a great ride and a needed change, most of the complaints about Frozen come from it being a bad fit for the area rather than the potential quality of the ride. Nemo and Luigi were good replacements in part because they fit the piece of land that they were going into.

jt04

See Epcot traditionalists, you can have your cake and eat it too. You just can't buy the cake at the Stave Church.

ToTBellHop

See Epcot traditionalists, you can have your cake and eat it too. You just can't buy the cake at the Stave Church.
Tone-deaf as usual.

Us Epcot traditionalists would have NOTHING to complain about when a replica of a stave church shows "costumes" that cartoon characters might wear if they were real (and from a real city in a real kingdom near a real mountain with real summer snow).

Horizons1

Tone-deaf as usual.

Us Epcot traditionalists would have NOTHING to complain about when a replica of a stave church shows "costumes" that cartoon characters might wear if they were real (and from a real city in a real kingdom near a real mountain with real summer snow).
Oh don't even waste your time talking to that nutcase. No matter what you say he prefers to live in Fantasyland.

spiritofNorway

I like that it has been more tied to Norway, a bit disappointed it wasn't a more Norwegian exhibition since everything else is Frozen now... :(

and I really dislike the big spelling error they have! Its not named "rosemåling", its "rosemaling".... "Rosemåling" is Swedish I think...

Siren

OMG, I just looked at all the pictures and video. I just have to commend Disney on the new Norway Pavilion and how everything turned out so beautifully.

I *love* Frozen Ever After - The Royal Summerhus - The Stave Church. It's all so gorgeous and very well done. I don't *ever* do meet & greets but I just really want to see the inside of this house, it's so rustic & pretty! I cannot wait to see all of this in person.

And, I really hope Disney gives all of the other pavilions without rides an upgrade like this -- starting with France, Germany, UK, etc. All of the other pavilions deserve to something nice like this to represent their country, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom