Blizzard Beach technical issues (March 2016)

Sped2424

Ah, so they've finally discovered The Old Ones.

Good luck, everyone.

cthulhu_by_zaidoigres-d34i3u8.jpg
That's what we call sinkholes in Florida.

Rich T

Sure they can.... Profits and Bonuses more important than guests
I sometimes wonder, in our lawsuit-happy culture, if the day's coming when waterpark insurance isn't worth the expense for the corporations owning them. I grew up in the twilight of *real* funhouses (S.F.'s PLAYLAND!!!) that threw you around and actually tried to make you lose your balance and trip. It was sad to see those great old attractions fade away. Sigh...good old days. :)

Biff215

As a former Blizzard CM, I certainly agree that it's unacceptable that these two signature attractions remain closed after years of this same issue. But those who are suggesting permanent closure or that the problem makes the park unsafe are jumping to extremes IMO.

I have a very hard time believing that Disney would put thousands of guests at risk every day if the problem was that dangerous. Shuttering the park would be insanity as the other attractions still provide the needed capacity for those willing to forgo the big slides (a pretty high percentage of guests never venture up there as it is. I fondly remember walking John Stamos and Rebecca Romijn up there just to walk back down back in 2000).

I'm confident they'll eventually find a way to rectify this issue, it's just not as simple as it would be at you local water park.

Rich T

Yeah ... They probably are thrill ride too ... But personally summit plummet is the only one that really stresses me just before the start ... Hard to explain ...
It's because it's a lot more "real." The height and speed aren't an illusion, and you're not on tracks or in the safety envelope of a vehicle. Plus fear of wedgies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom