Final chance to get a Turkey Leg at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Seanual757

Never been a fan of the turkey legs I cannot stand the smell of them so for myself I am glad to see 1 park without them. For those who enjoy them sorry for your loss :)

Timsierramist

Also wouldn't surprise me if they if they got rid of Turkey Legs in MK, as the sodium levels are of the scale and goes against Disney's healthy food initiative.
I'm all about eating right too. It's noble of Disney to push us into healthier options...but I'm on vacation. If I want a Turkey leg with a side of Tie Dye Cheese Cake and a Monster Energy Drink (RIP), and I'm willing to pay for it, cough up the goods.

Timsierramist

Money isn't behind these changes, I imagine Joe Rohde is. The goal is to turn Animal Kingdom into a less homogenized, more worldly (some might say classy), offering.

There is plenty of places to get burgers, chicken fingers and fries in the world. Turkey legs and Churros will continue to be a Magic Kingdom staple. It's ok to have a theme park that attempts to break out of the American mould and offer some unique choices that the average North American doesn't get at the staple drive though.

I imagine lots of people don't like it, but this doesn't need to be just another MK. This is not to insult people's varying tastes, but not every single park needs to aimed (the snobs would say lowered) to the average palate.

Normally I would agree with this statement. But given Disney's recent company decisions, I'm not so sure I know Disney anymore. It's all about the money to them at this point.

dstrawn9889

I'm all about eating right too. It's noble of Disney to push us into healthier options...but I'm on vacation. If I want a Turkey leg with a side of Tie Dye Cheese Cake and a Monster Energy Drink (RIP), and I'm willing to pay for it, cough up the goods.
or maybe one of these?
12801451_1007492005990749_2286593755335464274_n.jpg

cheesecake

I never got around to having a turkey leg, so I don't have a personal opinion on them. I do believe that it's a good thing that Disney is trying to offer more variety and quality to their quick service offerings!

Goofyernmost

I also don't understand the emu claims. Wouldn't Disney be in legal trouble for selling falsely labeled meat? I don't know how that works.
It has mostly been a joke based on the size of those legs, however, the truth is that they (someone, not Disney) breed a large mutant bird and then smoke the legs so they look like ham and taste like it, but, it is just smoked turkey.

wogwog

Quote from an interview about food at SDL.

"We are introducing turkey legs to China,” Iger told the panel. “Which I thought was a mistake, but we are selling 3,000 a day.”

Disney sells the giant turkey legs—which are originally sourced from Poland—for $8 a piece."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom