New Star Wars live stage show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios this Spring

mm52200

The biggest reports I'm seeing is that it's just a hard show to see, the stage isn't very, everyone is standing, kids are on shoulders, etc. It always makes me wonder why operations doesn't step up and try to tape off or rope off a section close to the front where everyone has to sit, then behind them it's standing room only. DL does this for their Fantasmic and I was so impressed by it, it made me wonder why WDW doesn't try to enforce things like that for more of their outdoor shows.

s8film40

The biggest reports I'm seeing is that it's just a hard show to see, the stage isn't very, everyone is standing, kids are on shoulders, etc. It always makes me wonder why operations doesn't step up and try to tape off or rope off a section close to the front where everyone has to sit, then behind them it's standing room only. DL does this for their Fantasmic and I was so impressed by it, it made me wonder why WDW doesn't try to enforce things like that for more of their outdoor shows.
Honestly I think this was one of the good things about the show. The stage is high enough you can easily watch it from a good distance back and with the 3 large screens it creates a very wide viewing area so the crowds can disperse a little more.

s8film40

Saw this over the weekend and it actually works better in person. Crowd was loving it.
Yeah I think it's enjoyable you just have to go into it with the right expectation. It's a simple little show. If it happens to be starting as you walk by and you decide to stop for a bit and watch it it's okay. If your heading to the park excited with the sole purpose of seeing this new Star Wars extravaganza show and wait 15-30 minutes to make sure you get a good spot your probably in for a big disappointment.

Kman101

Guests will cheer for a janitor getting on stage doing a jig. All they've done is copy the way they did the fireworks at Star Wars Weekends with the show in which the characters come on stage and do a photo op and exit. It's probably them cheaping out on offering more meet and greets and they probably believe it's a way for guests to "see the characters" which is fine but don't call it a show. The previous fireworks stage show was done better.

Incomudro

Yeah I think it's enjoyable you just have to go into it with the right expectation. It's a simple little show. If it happens to be starting as you walk by and you decide to stop for a bit and watch it it's okay. If your heading to the park excited with the sole purpose of seeing this new Star Wars extravaganza show and wait 15-30 minutes to make sure you get a good spot your probably in for a big disappointment.

This is the way I view it.
A little performance to stop and watch for a few minutes with the kids.

J. D.

Is there a new stage coming? Or is this a contract thing about the stage being "temporary" so it has to come down and go back up to not violate any rules?
I don't know anything for certain. The old plan was to have a mobile stage that would set up in the morning for the first show and then leave after the final show of the day. Not sure if that is still the case.

J. D.

Is there a new stage coming? Or is this a contract thing about the stage being "temporary" so it has to come down and go back up to not violate any rules?
A bit more info on this. You were right about the stage coming down so as not to violate the temporary permit. Mobile stage isn't coming until next year sometime, but the stage that's coming next week is supposed to have a similar style to how the mobile stage will look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom