Boardwalks Seashore Sweets to close

Yanks07

Well that would make me happy, although it does make the choice of wording in the letter I received that it's "closing permanently" a bit odd.
I received a letter today regarding an upcoming trip @ BWV saying Verbatim "Seashore sweets, yard arcade, and the retail shop at ESPN club have closed to make way for new experiences" No mention of permanently in the letter I received, go figure

rob_b

Glad (at this time) EPSN remains open. I like this location so much better then the larger ESPN zones. Was surprised how much different the food is between the club and the zones. Like the club much better.

Also wondering if/when Atlantic will be refreshed.

Biff215

If there's already another arcade by the pool then this makes sense, especially considering his Disney has changed/closed arcades since the gambling legislation. What doesn't make sense is why they wouldn't have moved the candy store first before closing down the current location, although these winter months are better than most. I'm hoping this part gets done quicker than the Flying Fish.

ToTBellHop

If there's already another arcade by the pool then this makes sense, especially considering his Disney has changed/closed arcades since the gambling legislation. What doesn't make sense is why they wouldn't have moved the candy store first before closing down the current location, although these winter months are better than most. I'm hoping this part gets done quicker than the Flying Fish.
Shouldn't be hard to move a candy store if that's the plan.

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Also wondering if/when Atlantic will be refreshed.

OMG Yes! This Club/Bar/Night spot is so weak sauce and has been for so many years now!
I feel like the space could be better used/repurposed for a few different concepts to include a night club, though the contracts that are written for this place seem to keep the future of it quite deadpan!

~Edit~ BTW is the DVC mock room still necessary? Couldn't it also be turned into something else or turn back into a room already!

Last edited:

C.FERNIE

Aww we always got ice cream from there! Looking forward for what they do with the Flying Fish Cafe, we always go there for our first meal, but last time the air con was dripping constantly right next to our table!

DVCPluto

OMG Yes! This Club/Bar/Night spot is so weak sauce and has been for so many years now!
I feel like the space could be better used/repurposed for a few different concepts to include a night club, though the contracts that are written for this place seem to keep the future of it quite deadpan!

~Edit~ BTW is the DVC mock room still necessary? Couldn't it also be turned into something else or turn back into a room already!

When we bought DVC, we really enjoyed seeing different models. And having the ambiance of the boardwalk kind of put me in lala land/ready to buy my piece of Disney!

But, I agree with an update to the Atlantic!

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Update: For those who do not know NYC's Craft Creamery is coming to the Boardwalk and taking over what used to be the Yard Arcade and ESPN Club store.

Sorry I meant to do this a long time ago!

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Update:

Ample Hills Creamery is open!

Here is the menu:

Waffle Cones - (Candy, Chocolate Chip, Plain, Pretzel
Cake Cones (Small/Large)

Cups (Small/Large)

Milkshakes

Sundaes

__Flavors__
Baked/Unbaked
Butter Pecan Brittle
Chocolate Milk and Cookies
Coffee Toffee
Cotton Candy
Dark Chocolate
Lemon Sky
Malty Salty Pretzel
Nonna D's Oatmeal Lace
Ooey Gooey Buttercake
PB Wins the Cup
Peppermint Pattie
Sally Sells Seashells
Strawberries & Cream
Sweet Cream n' Cookies
Vanilla Bean

__Toppings__

Caramel SyrupCherries
Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Syrup
Mini M&Ms
Sprinkles (Chocolate or Rainbow)
Whipped Cream

Bocabear

So are you ready for a new and improved Flying Fish?

How about the new bar AbracadaBar?
I think this is a marvelous idea... and perfect...It made no sense that there was no bar attached to Flying Fish, and the theme is perfect.
Now...could they do something with ESPN...like move it to Disney Springs where it belongs, and put in a truly fabulous 1920s boardwalk themed restaurant in it's place? ESPN has never quite fit the theming of the resort...I think they could do much better with that space and create a spectacular environment that everyone would want to go to... More akin to the idea of Abracadabar...

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
I think this is a marvelous idea... and perfect...It made no sense that there was no bar attached to Flying Fish, and the theme is perfect.
Now...could they do something with ESPN...like move it to Disney Springs where it belongs, and put in a truly fabulous 1920s boardwalk themed restaurant in it's place? ESPN has never quite fit the theming of the resort...I think they could do much better with that space and create a spectacular environment that everyone would want to go to... More akin to the idea of AbracadaBar...

I agree with you on the ESPN Club though I would hate to lose any entertainment options on the Boardwalk! But yes relocating it to DS may be a better place for it. Hmmm what could be taken from DS that would work well on the Boardwalk if there was a trade?

Bocabear

it would NEVER happen, but thematically The Boathouse would make lots of sense...Rather than just move something from there to The Boardwalk, I would rather they create a whole new concept...that is entertaining and beautiful...themed to the actual 1918-1930 boardwalk era...over the top, old Luna Park style. beautiful engaging thematics...a "must go" place that would rival O'hana in popularity...
they could do it... but will they ever rethink that space? probably not...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom