Flights of Wonder at Disney's Animal Kingdom closing for refurbishment Jan 2016

djkidkaz

Was there Sunday and the exterior is still covered in tarps and looks like it hasn't been touched. Not sure what the delay is.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Sept. 17. The construction scrim has been "raised" to the upper level, exposing the lower level structure that has been "under wraps" for months.

IMG_8330.JPG

IMG_8331.JPG

halltd

I don't know that this is still being worked on. I saw a show in the theater recently and there were no signs of construction.

LukeS7

1. This thread was from 2016
2. I went in January of this year, the theater was open and we saw the show, so yes it's done

No Name

1. This thread was from 2016
2. I went in January of this year, the theater was open and we saw the show, so yes it's done

It may be technically finished, but is it really finished? Does it still have the bare roof walls, exposed steel framework, etc.?

Honestly. I am incredibly confused what they were going for here. The old theater had nice blankets covering the exterior roof walls and a nice sheet overhang instead of open steel framework. It was unique, looked much nicer, and fit Asia.

It's really not hard to see the downgrade. Here are some "before" pictures.

Blankets covering the roofs (ignore the scaffolding):

img_7206-jpg.128059

And the giant sheet overhang:

image.jpeg

Disney-Trains

What they were going for... Was adding a sprinkler system to the roof. (They also added them to the outdoor monorail stations, along with the new emergency exit stairs).

I agree it looks bad, and it also makes the show sound worse as all that fabric used to absorb sound realy nice. It's much harder to hear the show dialouge now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom