PHOTOS - BAYMAX now appearing at newly expanded Epcot Character Spot

Cmdr_Crimson

tumblr_nhmtf8Qzc61u2rqnho1_500.gif

berlioz70

Those costumes were specifically designed for the event in Paris, in which the financier requested NO FACE characters. If Hiro appears again at WDW, he will continue to be face - this is not the new standard, this was a special one off.

Matt_Black

Those costumes were specifically designed for the event in Paris, in which the financier requested NO FACE characters. If Hiro appears again at WDW, he will continue to be face - this is not the new standard, this was a special one off.

They got Yokai in Paris too. That's pretty sweet.

Maerj

A perfect Epcot M&G would have Baymax, Wall*E, BB-8, R2-D2 and C-3PO and maybe even the robots from the Black Hole. Although Maximilian might be enough to scare kids and their parents, heehee!

Matt_Black

A perfect Epcot M&G would have Baymax, Wall*E, BB-8, R2-D2 and C-3PO and maybe even the robots from the Black Hole. Although Maximilian might be enough to scare kids and their parents, heehee!

I'd switch out the Black Hole robots for Carl from Meet the Robinsons. Quite possibly the only Harlan Williams character that I liked instead of wanted to punch in the face.

FrankLapidus

Totally hyped to see Baymax back. I wouldn't mind this being kind of a "recent characters meet and greet." Baymax, maybe Joy, maybe even a fairy or two.

I know, I know... "doesn't fit the Epcot theme, blah blah."

I'd say he does, or at least could if Epcot used him to promote the recent innovations in "soft robotics". Thematically I think he's a great fit for the park, if they want to offer educational opportunities alongside entertainment than he'd be perfect for an exhibit looking at advancements being made in the robotics field.

Matt_Black

I'd say he does, or at least could if Epcot used him to promote the recent innovations in "soft robotics". Thematically I think he's a great fit for the park, if they want to offer educational opportunities alongside entertainment than he'd be perfect for an exhibit looking at advancements being made in the robotics field.

Alternatively, he could host about breakthroughs in medical treatment and technology.

FrankLapidus

Alternatively, he could host about breakthroughs in medical treatment and technology.

Absolutely, from what I can recall about "soft robotics" it is being developed to help areas of medical treatment. I think Baymax is a very appealing character, I loved Big Hero 6 and thought he was a highlight, but he's also very much grounded in and inspired by real-life technological curiosity and innovation. He's perfect for Epcot IMO.

Matt_Black

Absolutely, from what I can recall about "soft robotics" it is being developed to help areas of medical treatment. I think Baymax is a very appealing character, I loved Big Hero 6 and thought he was a highlight, but he's also very much grounded in and inspired by real-life technological curiosity and innovation. He's perfect for Epcot IMO.

Yes. It certainly helps that the film overall was just mindblowing. While many Disney films have death, I can't think of any that have taken a good hard look at the grieving process.

FrankLapidus

Yes. It certainly helps that the film overall was just mindblowing. While many Disney films have death, I can't think of any that have taken a good hard look at the grieving process.

Agree completely, Frozen was obviously the phenomenon at WDAS in recent years but, as much as I did like it, Big Hero 6 and Wreck-It Ralph were both better films in pretty much every area for me. Watching them for the first time I couldn't help thinking that both lend themselves really well to possible theme park attractions, unfortunately Disney don't appear to think the same for whatever reason.

I know some don't like characters in Epcot but Baymax fits like a glove, he could have been created as an Epcot mascot he fits so well thematically. Its just a case of Disney wanting to take advantage of that rather than simply settling on using him for a M&G.

Matt_Black

Agree completely, Frozen was obviously the phenomenon at WDAS in recent years but, as much as I did like it, Big Hero 6 and Wreck-It Ralph were both better films in pretty much every area for me. Watching them for the first time I couldn't help thinking that both lend themselves really well to possible theme park attractions, unfortunately Disney don't appear to think the same for whatever reason.

I know some don't like characters in Epcot but Baymax fits like a glove, he could have been created as an Epcot mascot he fits so well thematically. Its just a case of Disney wanting to take advantage of that rather than simply settling on using him for a M&G.

It's especially confusing because Big Hero 6 is now the third most successful feature from WDAS, after Frozen and the Lion King, respectively.

Matt_Black

The top is a little baggy; in the movie, the outfit looks very sleek with the jacket acting as a sort of cape. Otherwise, though, the it's not bad.

YodaMan

Hiro can be used for park buyouts/conditions so it could be from there.

^this. Instagram shows that Darth Vader was back at Launch Bay this morning and this morning only for a convention. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing had just happened with Hiro.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom