News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

James Alucobond

I like some of the sequences, but overall, this is probably my least favorite of the bunch. Gets to be almost too much later on, and the random sparkles at certain points earlier in the production don't correlate all that well with what's going on. I suppose it's fun seeing just how much they can do with the fountain itself and the lighted strip encircling the plaza, though.

trainplane3

I like some of the sequences, but overall, this is probably my least favorite of the bunch. Gets to be almost too much later on, and the random sparkles at certain points earlier in the production don't correlate all that well with what's going on. I suppose it's fun seeing just how much they can do with the fountain itself and the lighted strip encircling the plaza, though.
I'll agree with how this is my least favorite too. What I appreciate is how the team doing these shows have a slow build up to the more extreme patterns. Unlike certain shows on the lagoon that play all of their cards in the first 3 minutes, this builds and gets more intense as it goes.

Good on the entrance team for putting up consistently good shows even if this is a least favorite of mine.

Edit: Holy -

Last edited:

dreday3

I always watch the videos and am amazed by the amount of people just walking out/past/whatever while this is going on and not even looking!

I yell at the tv - Look!!! Something is happening on Spaceship Earth!!! 😂

CaptainNicko

Where might one find a repository of this music?
All of the other suggestions were great. You tube is easy and Dcot has a HUGE library. For Epcot specifically though, the quality and depth of the EpcotLegacy.com playlists can't be beat. The series isn't complete, but it looks like he just started working on it again. World of Motion is next up, I believe.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'll agree with how this is my least favorite too. What I appreciate is how the team doing these shows have a slow build up to the more extreme patterns. Unlike certain shows on the lagoon that play all of their cards in the first 3 minutes, this builds and gets more intense as it goes.

Good on the entrance team for putting up consistently good shows even if this is a least favorite of mine.

Edit: Holy -

level 1
nathanbacon87
Op · 3 mo. ago · edited 4 hr. ago
Gold

My version of an Epcot beacon of magic backpack! I followed the guidance from /u/SeanBBQsmoke and /u/dffigment so check out their posts for most of the info on the construction of the bag. To program the shows, I used Adobe After Effects to make a video of all the animations, threw that into a LED software called LED EDIT and used a K-1000C led controller to run it on addressable LEDs. It was all very confusing to work with these softwares I had no experience in, but I'm satisfied with how it turned out. It was supposed to sync to the EPCOT show, the Colors of the Wind show AND the lights in between shows in a full loop, but Disney decided to change it up on me two days before my day at the park XD. It can do the Pochahontas Colors of the Wind show, but I still need to work on the timing and animations a bit more.

nathanbacon87
2 points · 10 days ago

Hello! You may have seen my “glow with the show” Spaceship Earth backpack video that I posted a while ago. Well after another trip to the parks with multiple people asking to purchase them, combined with the boredom of summer break, I’ve decided to make some! Etsy Link I currently have 2 backpacks ready to go along with some smaller scale bags that light up and change colors, but do not do the show. They are also are not silver as I wanted, but I was able to order an “Earidescent”-esque color that looks really cool in flash photos and in the light at certain angles. I’ve also upgraded the materials used in the making of them so they should be much sturdier than my original bag. Additionally, I’ve slightly improved the show. Right now, I’m only including the original show but, in the future, may add the additional programs for the various festivals. Please let me know if you have any questions by sending me a message on Etsy!

He's sold out. He's not taking pre-orders. He's going to make 11 more and then put them on Etsy.

trainplane3

Apparently that guy sells those backpacks on Etsy for $300. My thinking is they don't actually sync with the show, he just created a sequence for the backpack with a similar lighting pattern. Because there's no way SSE is being controlled by a wireless signal that he can pick up on. Still very impressive.
Ya, that's exactly it. It's still very neat.

trainplane3

Apparently that guy sells those backpacks on Etsy for $300. My thinking is they don't actually sync with the show, he just created a sequence for the backpack with a similar lighting pattern. Because there's no way SSE is being controlled by a wireless signal that he can pick up on. Still very impressive.
Back to this, we ran into him (quite literally) a few nights ago at Epcots entrance. Super neat to get a breakdown on how it works, even if I didn't understand it.

Anyways, from yesterday:
R9myC04.jpg

BJvF4Np.jpg
EEtHkMY.jpg
a3RF16p.jpg
pGdAmgv.jpg
bAtuA1N.jpg
kluG0PX.jpg
WHLkxsQ.jpg
qJPueBb.jpg

James Alucobond

Back to this, we ran into him (quite literally) a few nights ago at Epcots entrance. Super neat to get a breakdown on how it works, even if I didn't understand it.

Anyways, from yesterday:
-snip-
Thanks for the updates in spite of the rain! New things I can make out since I last saw photos include scaffolding for gunite application around additional rock forms, more framing on the exterior of the skinny building that forms the southern boundary for Journey of Water, and additional cinder block structures in the area of CommuniCore Hall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom