'Club Villain' ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January 2016

prberk

I don't really get it. It's an open bar/buffet which is cool but you're really paying for the show which seems very "kiddy." I don't expect them to do some adult cabaret show or anything lol it just seems corny for an adult. I kind of expected a higher caliber show.

Yeah, this seems like a complete money-grab. Unless the Hoop-De-Doo has gotten out of control, it seems like it would be even more expensive than the complete dinner show there. And there is no theme park admission required for the Hoop-De-Doo Revue.

So, for less you can get the Hoop-De-Doo Revue or Polynesian Luau, and not have to pay theme park admission (which, by definition, is wasted during the dinner show because you pay this crazy amount for the dinner show itself and cannot experience the attractions -- for which you paid admission -- and the dinner show at the same time).

mergatroid

It's not really something I'd be prepared to pay that much for, but each to their own. We always have a character breakfast at Crystal Palace once a year, but the $50 we pay for that is about the max we'd be prepared to pay on top of everything else.

prberk

It's not really something I'd be prepared to pay that much for, but each to their own. We always have a character breakfast at Crystal Palace once a year, but the $50 we pay for that is about the max we'd be prepared to pay on top of everything else.

And that alone has gotten ridiculous. I can remember not too long ago thinking that $30 was expensive but perhaps worth it for essentially a Golden Corral buffet breakfast with Disney characters. But now a few years later to say that the same experience is $50 PER PERSON, while the cost of most things has stayed relatively the same and even gas/diesel for shipping the products has even gone down... just makes me cringe.

That is a 66% increase in a few years. How many of your salaries have increased that much in that time?

mergatroid

And that alone has gotten ridiculous. I can remember not too long ago thinking that $30 was expensive but perhaps worth it for essentially a Golden Corral buffet breakfast with Disney characters. But now a few years later to say that the same experience is $50 PER PERSON, while the cost of most things has stayed relatively the same and even gas/diesel for shipping the products has even gone down... just makes me cringe.

That is a 66% increase in a few years. How many of your salaries have increased that much in that time?

No, breakfast is about $53 for two of us.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
You mean like Star Wars and Toy Story Lands?

These events are now in a park without a new Star Wars Land or Toy Story Land correct? :confused:

Are there even dates for the Star Wars Land or Toy Story Land to Grand Open? I just remember too clearly how long FLE took and how little there really was in the end as far as Attractions. But there is the Holy Rock visual attraction in the FLE to fill the void of E attractions.

Imagineerwannabe

These events are now in a park without a new Star Wars Land or Toy Story Land correct? :confused:

Are there even dates for the Star Wars Land or Toy Story Land to Grand Open? I just remember too clearly how long FLE took and how little there really was in the end as far as Attractions. But there is the Holy Rock visual attraction in the FLE to fill the void of E attractions.

Whilst yeah I get your point and comparison to FLE, Does it matter that we don't have those dates yet for DHS works? Us wishing there was more news of plans, attractions or completion dates isn't going to make it happen any quicker at this time.
I remember NFLE when that was all going on and thinking - sure it's behind construction hoardings now with a whole load of work going on, I might as well enjoy whatever else there is to enjoy in the parks knowing we will see it completed one day. At least this 'temporary' option gives us something to enjoy in the interim.

Sure it might not have the repeat fun of hoop de doo, but I'm willing to at least give it a shot and see if it lives up to the fuss.

Gabe1

Whilst yeah I get your point and comparison to FLE, Does it matter that we don't have those dates yet for DHS works? Us wishing there was more news of plans, attractions or completion dates isn't going to make it happen any quicker at this time.
I remember NFLE when that was all going on and thinking - sure it's behind construction hoardings now with a whole load of work going on, I might as well enjoy whatever else there is to enjoy in the parks knowing we will see it completed one day. At least this 'temporary' option gives us something to enjoy in the interim.

Sure it might not have the repeat fun of hoop de doo, but I'm willing to at least give it a shot and see if it lives up to the fuss.

IMO yes. It is hard to use future attractions as support for Disney having expensive hard ticket events during regular park hours while so many attractions are shuttered. Stating two lands are coming is like saying years ago that Avatar is coming to AK and the years roll on bye.

We have no idea that I am aware of when any of these attractions are forthcoming at the Studios. Given Disney's history with launching new lands FLE and Avatar it is likely a long time for now. Maybe even slower now given all the money grabs happening. So yes, IMO having hard ticket events during park hours while so many attractions are shuttered and no realistic time frame of new attractions coming on line, or if it will even come close to the number that have been shuttered over the last few years, if someone is using new lands coming as a justification for hard ticket events I have to say really when? I'd think it better for Disney to offer a non food events with the Villains to slightly offset the number of attractions shuttered while awaiting these new lands some year.

Imagineerwannabe

IMO yes. It is hard to use future attractions as support for Disney having expensive hard ticket events during regular park hours while so many attractions are shuttered. Stating two lands are coming is like saying years ago that Avatar is coming to AK and the years roll on bye.

We have no idea that I am aware of when any of these attractions are forthcoming at the Studios. Given Disney's history with launching new lands FLE and Avatar it is likely a long time for now. Maybe even slower now given all the money grabs happening. So yes, IMO having hard ticket events during park hours while so many attractions are shuttered and no realistic time frame of new attractions coming on line, or if it will even come close to the number that have been shuttered over the last few years, if someone is using new lands coming as a justification for hard ticket events I have to say really when? I'd think it better for Disney to offer a non food events with the Villains to slightly offset the number of attractions shuttered while awaiting these new lands some year.

But do they use hard ticketed events as justification? Isn't this just another in the line of events that a continually offered as premium events? Like the previous villain parties? The premium food and wine events? Dessert parties etc.

But yes I agree it would be better to offer non chargeable events for when things are shuttered, but club Disney didn't exactly pull in the crowds so the non food equivalent didn't seem to be in demand.
Isn't the new Star Wars stage show and light/fireworks show being added to try and offset the shuttered attractions?

mergatroid

Good. I am glad. I thought you were saying about $50 per person. I was not surprised with all the other crazy increases, including seasonal ones. So, I stand happily corrected.

It's not about who's right or wrong my friend, I just didn't want you or others not going because of a misunderstanding over the price.

(By the way though, you were wrong) :)

Gabe1

But do they use hard ticketed events as justification? Isn't this just another in the line of events that a continually offered as premium events? Like the previous villain parties? The premium food and wine events? Dessert parties etc.

But yes I agree it would be better to offer non chargeable events for when things are shuttered, but club Disney didn't exactly pull in the crowds so the non food equivalent didn't seem to be in demand.
Isn't the new Star Wars stage show and light/fireworks show being added to try and offset the shuttered attractions?

A stage show and fireworks doesn't begin to fill the time that the shuttered attractions filled. I'm not even sure that Star Wars stage show is even equivalent to the pulled parade. And am curious during this turbulent time at Disney with cuts in service, park hours etc., how long they will drag out these expansions. I'd lean more towards the pace of FLE & Avatar given the money grabs over the 6 month. But it is just my take on it, I'm never impressed with pay more expect less, others are welcome to be thrilled with the park, to each their own.

Imagineerwannabe

A stage show and fireworks doesn't begin to fill the time that the shuttered attractions filled. I'm not even sure that Star Wars stage show is even equivalent to the pulled parade. And am curious during this turbulent time at Disney with cuts in service, park hours etc., how long they will drag out these expansions. I'd lean more towards the pace of FLE & Avatar given the money grabs over the 6 month. But it is just my take on it, I'm never impressed with pay more expect less, others are welcome to be thrilled with the park, to each their own.

I would agree on that. I don't think the new additions will Match what SWW had to offer, it's hard to try and compete with that amidst what might ultimately be approaching a half day park!

And yes I'm sceptical of what the cuts are going to do this year to experience and most certainly the pay more expect less motto is not something I expect to see...pay more expect the same is even pushing it for me ;-)

MrPromey

Maybe they could also do a bake sale out on World Drive to help move things along more quickly. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom