One Man's Dream to show previews for 'The Good Dinosaur'

JWG

LOL So you guys are thinking that come October 19, they are just going to start playing previews for The Good Dinosaur at the same time as the One Man's Dream film? Some kind of weird mash up? At this point, don't you think it's safe to say it's going?

The point is, One Man's Dream is not closed right now. And, its reason for closing is supposedly to make way for TSL (or at least access to what will be TSL). But, if they can close it and then immediately turn around and run something different - then there is no reason to close it in the first place.

That, and they have other vacant spaces they can run movies and movie previews that wouldn't displace something existing in a park depsarate for anything to do.

If they need to close OMD for expansion - great. Do it.
If they need to close OMD for expansion in 6 months - great. Wait 6 months and do it.
If they need to close OMD so they can upgrade the experience to something better - great. Do it.

If they need to clsoe OMD for expansion in 6 months, but are doing it now for no real reason only to replace it with some movie preview that could easily go in other shuttered areas? That's silly from a guest experience perspective. Especially in a park that is quickly becoming worthless until 2017 rolls around.

Adam N

And for the record, the exhibit side of things will still remain open. They are literally just changing out the finale film and nothing else. The current film is slated to return on Walt Disney's birthday, December 5.
Please tell me they're updating the film to make it digital. It's a VHS tape currently. No joke.

TeriofTerror

And for the record, the exhibit side of things will still remain open. They are literally just changing out the finale film and nothing else. The current film is slated to return on Walt Disney's birthday, December 5.
This would make me quite happy. I'm trying very hard to freely let go of the old so as to embrace the new, but I cannot lie; this one hits me in the feels.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Well this beats the alternative of having and army of Jar-Jars from the preview center come fart on guests, or what ever it is that those things do.

Next Big Thing

doctornick

So, it seems to me that the reason why they are using the OMD theater is that the other theater options might have things going on in the same timeframe:

1. Eo might be getting a Star Wars preview
2. Sounds Dangerous will be getting some sort of Star Wars clip show as part of Seasons of the Force
3. The Flex theater might be home to the comedy Warehouse

That still leaves the Premiere theater, but is that being closed/demolished sooner rather than later? Plus, I'm not sure it is set up for a film.

djkidkaz

Steve, do you have any idea how this is going to work? Obviously there isn't enough time to close and gut the building with new Dinosaur props. Are they going to stop showing the Walt movie? Or just add a clip of it to the end of the film? I just don't see how this can work and make any sense what so ever.

YodaMan

Steve, do you have any idea how this is going to work? Obviously there isn't enough time to close and gut the building with new Dinosaur props. Are they going to stop showing the Walt movie? Or just add a clip of it to the end of the film? I just don't see how this can work and make any sense what so ever.

I'm not sure what's to hard to grasp. The exhibit will operate as usual. But when you enter the Walt Disney Theatre at the end, the film that will play is a trailer for The Good Dinosaur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom