Disney Parks to unveil new marketing campaign - 'Unforgettable Happens Here'

Nubs70

Haha. Fair enough.
I see the "Unforgettable" tagline to be so ambiguous. One's interpretation of the promotion depends on if you are a "1/2 Full" or "1/2 Empty" personality. By nature, I am a "1/2 empty" mindset so my initial thoughts of "Unforgettable" are things like the Challenger explosion, car wrecks etc, Where as "Magical", "Memorable", automatically evokes positive imagery at the onset. I do say the accompanying video of the "Ünforgettable" drags me back to the positive.

The "Unforgettable" promotion limits itself to the Sensing, Feeling personality types. (Check out MeyersBriggs.com for more information on personality types)

Bocabear

I'm trying to understand but I'm missing your point. Are you saying that the billboards bother you? Or that it bothers you that Disney spends money on marketing? And I'm most definitely not a marketing professional, just weighing in on the subject.
not necessarily bothered by the billboards, but when they seem to spend more money and time creating new advertising campaigns while the new attractions continue to have their budgets slashed seems a bit unbalanced...especially when the parks and resorts seem constantly full. There really is no slow season anymore...so the argument goes, people already come... People already know...How about taking a little break from the millions and millions and millions spent on advertising and invest that into the parks for a year or two...then they would have a lot more to hype...and realistically their crowds would not fall off.

Incomudro

not necessarily bothered by the billboards, but when they seem to spend more money and time creating new advertising campaigns while the new attractions continue to have their budgets slashed seems a bit unbalanced...especially when the parks and resorts seem constantly full. There really is no slow season anymore...so the argument goes, people already come... People already know...How about taking a little break from the millions and millions and millions spent on advertising and invest that into the parks for a year or two...then they would have a lot more to hype...and realistically their crowds would not fall off.

Yes, perhaps they should construct Pandora, a Star Wars Land, a Toy Story Land, add a second track to TSM or add additional screens to Soarin', a nighttime show or expansion of Africa to AK, or expand Downtown Disney.

Bocabear

Yes, perhaps they should construct Pandora, a Star Wars Land, a Toy Story Land, add a second track to TSM or add additional screens to Soarin', a nighttime show or expansion of Africa to AK, or expand Downtown Disney.
Yes perhaps they should ...without slashing the budget (as they have done countless times in the past). Believe me, I am happy to finally be seeing some action at WDW...it has languished for a long time.
What I am saying is, Crowds are at capacity...when they are looking to save money, perhaps they should not slash the attraction and construction budget, but maybe some of the extraneous marketing budget instead.

sheriffwoody

I like the slogan a lot! The commercials are great except for the song. And they used the same font I used for my wedding. ha! I still stay I launched the success of that font :p

ETA: font = typeface, in case and designers see this. I'm bad about using the wrong word.

Nextinline

Ive seen many service animals in the parks and it has never affected us in any way. Even if its a comfort animal, the hardest thing ive ever had to do was WALK AROUND it.

Not to be vulgar, but my last trip to Disneyland I saw a service dog peeing in a patch of grass near Jolly Holiday. Public urination on Main Street USA- that was unforgettable!

sheriffwoody

Eh unless your in college or you are a more seasoned designer, font and typeface are pretty interchangeable nowadays. We can thank Microsoft for that.
I took several graphic design classes in college, and our professor never really taught us which word to use, but I've been called out on it before :rolleyes: Not here of course, but among some snobby friends. Glad to know they're interchangeable these days!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That is EXACTLY what I said to the lady... She spun around and said "Well what am I supposed to do? "...I told her to try the rest room about 50 feet away.... She turned and walked away...(and probably left a dirty diaper on the nearest park bench)...lol

if the kid was 6, I hope he/she was not wearing diapers anymore. :p:hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom