Reservations for the Osborne Light's Merry and Bright Dessert Party now available

Tinkerbell 8

Just spoke with Disney, the first night is sold out, the rep said that they received a lot of calls yesterday and today for this event and days are booking up fast. I'm going to keep trying in hopes that something opens up for that first night. It is a tad on the pricy side and I've never done a dessert party before but I know my husband will appreciate the seats as he can't stand for longer than a few minutes and I want him to experience the lights for the first/last time and enjoy it.

Jon81uk

I know they've got to pay for MyMagic somehow but really?

It's a street. You walk down it.

Upcharges are becoming a joke now.

Don't book it then. It's on the old turning area for the tram tour, which hasn't been used for lights since residential street was demolished, so there is zero effect on space for other guests. As some people have said, paying to have the option of a seat to get a few drinks in then go back out and view the lights is worth it to them. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $50, but some people could get enough value out of the alcoholic beverages I guess.

Last edited:

JohnD

Don't book it then. It's on the old turning area for the tram tour, which hasn't been used for lights since residential street was demolished, so there is zero effect on space for other guests. As some people say, playing to have the option of a seat to get a few drinks in the go back out and view the lights is worth it to them. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $50, but some people could get enough value out of the alcoholic beverages I guess.

For the last year of the lights and the opportunity to relax with adult beverages, I'm in. I can also go out and come back in from time to time (e.g. Hunt for the black cat. Return for a drink).

Next Big Thing

I know they've got to pay for MyMagic somehow but really?

It's a street. You walk down it.

Upcharges are becoming a joke now.
Compared to some of the upcharges this isn't that bad imo. The street becomes incredibly crowded during Osborne Lights and a place to sit and have dessert, etc can be nice, especially if you have young children as @Tom has already alluded to in his reasoning.

French Quarter

I so wish I could go! I never did get to see the Osborne Lights as this is not a good time of year for us to travel. :( But if I could get there, I would totally buy this package.

gbruenin

We booked the dinner event for Jan 2, and just so there's no confusion it was a 110% emotional decision. If I had known I wasn't going to see Lights of Winter again I'd have camped out there for an evening till they tossed me out. No doubt I'll be doing the same thing on the 2nd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom