'Season of the Force' seasonal event to debut at Disney's Hollywood Studios in early 2016

jrhwdw

I don't think they will close the back half of the park (Osborne lights) for a firework show, unless its New Years.
Who knows? Osborne was around for 2-3 years before F!? Which meant Sorcery played at least Christmas week. Still nothing on disneyworld.com so IDK what calendar YodaMan was looking at. Hopefully he knows something and is not just playing with us! :)

RSoxNo1

I originally reported the dates at January 8 through March 20th. I guess the non-fireworks activities are starting a few days earlier?

ToTBellHop

Fireworks are now going to be nightly starting Jan 5.
Where is that written? I'm not doubting you; this has been very poorly communicated. Hopefully they can add the fireworks to the actual schedule more than 3 days out.

Last edited:

JohnD

Who knows? Osborne was around for 2-3 years before F!? Which meant Sorcery played at least Christmas week. Still nothing on disneyworld.com so IDK what calendar YodaMan was looking at. Hopefully he knows something and is not just playing with us! :)

There is another upcharge event planned to watch SW:TFA at the AMC then an after party at HS. $99, I believe. I'm sure it's sold out by now. By the time the movie is over, HS will be officially closed so that is why there is nothing showing on the calendar. For those who paid, I agree the fireworks would be a great addition. Right now, just ST will be open and of course the opportunity to buy more stuff. Desserts and drinks too, I think.

Kman101

Where is that written? I'm not doubting you; this has been very poorly communicated. Hopefully they can add the fireworks to the actual schedule more than 3 days out.

I think a few clickbait articles have been posted on Disney sites that have said DHS is dumping the name Season of the Force and going with nightly fireworks and rolling things out here and there. I'll see if I can find one.

You're right in that info is weird about this. And I found it odd that the addition of it being nightly was going mostly unnoticed by the board here.

ToTBellHop

I think a few clickbait articles have been posted on Disney sites that have said DHS is dumping the name Season of the Force and going with nightly fireworks and rolling things out here and there. I'll see if I can find one.

You're right in that info is weird about this. And I found it odd that the addition of it being nightly was going mostly unnoticed by the board here.
Now that I search, I see those posts, too. Still nothing official from Disney though. Surely they want to announce those dessert parties with enough time for them to sell out.

jrhwdw

There is another upcharge event planned to watch SW:TFA at the AMC then an after party at HS. $99, I believe. I'm sure it's sold out by now. By the time the movie is over, HS will be officially closed so that is why there is nothing showing on the calendar. For those who paid, I agree the fireworks would be a great addition. Right now, just ST will be open and of course the opportunity to buy more stuff. Desserts and drinks too, I think.
I know, I'm talking about the dates after the party. It looked to me that YodaMan knew something when he replied to that post wishing the the fireworks would start the next day for guests. Unless I read his post wrong?

indigo

Just checked and Disney has scrubbed any references to "Season of the Force" at DHS. Now it's "Star Wars Experiences" which isn't very exciting, so we have to assume there will be some other name. There's a media event on Dec 4th, but does anyone know why they're making this change? Could it be that where as the Disneyland event truly will be seasonal, the DHS experiences will be year-round.

Jones14

Just checked and Disney has scrubbed any references to "Season of the Force" at DHS. Now it's "Star Wars Experiences" which isn't very exciting, so we have to assume there will be some other name. There's a media event on Dec 4th, but does anyone know why they're making this change? Could it be that where as the Disneyland event truly will be seasonal, the DHS experiences will be year-round.

It certainly would make sense. Disneyland has to get rid of their experiences (Star Tours and Launch Bay notwithstanding) eventually to get Tomorowland back. Hollywood Studios has no such problem, considering the park is starving for anything to do. The only thing that Hollywood will be doing different is the addition of fireworks and the subtraction of Hyperspace Mountain. Why confuse your guests with a seasonal event when your offerings will remain the same year round?

Kman101

I think we all know the mindframe of mgmt, so it wouldn't surprise me if Disneyland did keep this seasonal and DHS keeps the stuff for the time being. Seems like a decent amount of work is going into Launch Bay. I mean, after seeing what I saw in videos and pics for Disneyland's version, why is it taking so long? LOL. The interior left everything to be desired.

Travel Junkie

Depends on what you mean by bust. I agree with most of the sentiment about the look of the area. It is a creative bust. However it is not a bust in terms of crowds. It is about as packed as you will ever see TL. There is no west coast Star Wars Weekends so this is a new type of thing for California. Hyper Space Mountain is the big winner with wait times over an hour within minutes of opening and Fast Passes (the old paper FP version) gone in a couple hours.

ToTBellHop

Depends on what you mean by bust. I agree with most of the sentiment about the look of the area. It is a creative bust. However it is not a bust in terms of crowds. It is about as packed as you will ever see TL. There is no west coast Star Wars Weekends so this is a new type of thing for California. Hyper Space Mountain is the big winner with wait times over an hour within minutes of opening and Fast Passes (the old paper FP version) gone in a couple hours.
Just goes to show, they could sit a plush Yoda on a bench and call it a festival and 40,000 people would show up on opening day.

JohnD

So is it or isn't it at HS? I'm beginning to hear more of a generic ongoing vibe rather than a particular seasonal event.

TP2000

I went to Season Of The Force and Launch Bay last night. While there are a couple of spots inside Launch Bay that fall flat on their face (the cheap and lifeless "Cantina" set and the self-congratulatory Lucas Executive sizzle reel theater) I thought the bulk of it was fantastic and very well done.

The Micechat review lost me when they started complaining that the alien language Aurabesh text on the walls was grammatically incorrect. If you are hanging out with people who can translate Aurabesh, you need to take their review in context of the special world they live in.:cool:

Launch Bay is a slick museum exhibit to spend 20 minutes browsing through, plus a themed Chewbacca meet n greet and a nice gift shop. What were people expecting?

That said, the blowout hit of Season Of The Force was Hyperspace Mountain. WOW!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom