Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

mickEblu

Nothing about Galaxy’s Edge was built to be “swapped”. The land was built based on the directive from “up top” to make it based around the sequel trilogy. End of story

Well good news is they don't have to do any swapping. Just get some OT characters walking around, have more of a "Force" presence, lightsaber duels at various times in the day, a AA Yoda walk through attraction, a Jabba's palace dinner theatre show and base the lands third attraction on the OT. Oh yea some more missions in the Smugglers Run with some of them being OT centric.

LSLS

Not to beat a dead horse, but after rewatching some of the originals for May the 4th, is anyone else still a little bummed that they didn’t base GE on the OT? I’m not into character meet and greets at all but this land would be so much cooler with Vader, Han, Luke, and Leia walking around. At least we got Chewie I guess.

Also, is it still true that RotR specifically was designed so it would be a relatively fast retheme to the original movies should they choose to do so? I could see it happening years and years down the road if they wanted to inject new life back into the area, especially if the sequel trilogy characters and movies start to fizzle out in popularity while the originals remain timeless.
Personally, no, that's not what bums me about it. The lack of rides, and the narrow pathways is what I still don't really like about it. Give me some room and a lot more to do (and no, I don't consider shops things to do).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Nothing about Galaxy’s Edge was built to be “swapped”. The land was built based on the directive from “up top” to make it based around the sequel trilogy. End of story
Almost as if those in charge were so sure they'd be printing money with their sequels for decades that they'd have to ration access to their wondrous land dedicated to them because people would be coming in droves to see Kylo and other ST stuff.

Just another misguided spending spree, this one resulting in another under-built Bob-land.

mickEblu

Almost as if those in charge were so sure they'd be printing money with their sequels for decades that they'd have to ration access to their wondrous land dedicated to them because people would be coming in droves to see Kylo and other ST stuff.

Just another misguided spending spree, this one resulting in another under-built Bob-land.

I don’t think focusing on the OT would have brought more people to the land as much as I think more fun/whimsy throughout the land would have. The Falcon ride should have been a coaster. They missed the mark on Smugglers Run and thought it would make Star Tours obsolete. The OT would have just been a cherry on top of the land being more full of life and being more fun.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don’t think focusing on the OT would have brought more people to the land as much as I think more fun/whimsy throughout the land would have. The Falcon ride should have been a coaster. They missed the mark on Smugglers Run and thought it would make Star Tours obsolete. The OT would have just been a cherry on top of the land being more for of life and being more fun.
I didn't say they should have focused on the OT, just that their focus on the ST was a mistake. One of many.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom