Disney and Havaianas announce strategic alliance and will open flip-flop stores inside Disney Parks

Disneyhead'71

This picture is not from Main Street though, is it? Not with the palm trees and dinosaur bones in the reflection. I'm not saying Pandora is not in Uptown Jewlers, but the implication that this is how Main Street appears today is incorrect. Even the ugly Starbucks sign hanging outside the bakery is more subtle than this Pandora window sticker.
Main Street......Jurassic World!

Check out the list of vendors. And these aren't fake shops for the movie. They built actual retail shops and dining for the cast and crew.

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Street

Last edited:

Tom P.

My local shopping mall doesn't have Space Mountain. Or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Or Soarin'. Or Kilimanjaro Safaris. Or.... well, you get the idea.

Disney sells stuff in its parks. Always has, always will. And Disney changes stuff, including the branding of their storefronts. Always have, always will. But Disney becoming a glorified shopping mall? Give me a break.

draybook

My local shopping mall doesn't have Space Mountain. Or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Or Soarin'. Or Kilimanjaro Safaris. Or.... well, you get the idea.

Disney sells stuff in its parks. Always has, always will. And Disney changes stuff, including the branding of their storefronts. Always have, always will. But Disney becoming a glorified shopping mall? Give me a break.

But does it have a Disney store? Mine does.

John

I have no problem with any company selling merch on Disney property. But there should be a line drawn. Disney is allowing companies to partner themselves with Disney. All to the highest bidder. It just so happens that places like Sunglass Hut and Haviana's has the most money. IMO Disney is cheapening their "brand" by doing so. Sunglass hut doesn't make sunglasses...the Chinese do. Same with the flip flops. Put any store you want in DTD.....put up a parking lot....I don't care......ooooppps they did. But in the parks? I don't like Starbucks there and I don't like any of these other companies there.

I get that companies have sold merch in the parks forever. But not like this....its an invasion thematically. Some people don't care...others do. So now its a fight between the dusters and the gloomers.....it never ends.

Somehow I don't see a Starbucks or a Sunglass hut in what I think of as the "Most Magical place on earth" . Why do you think they put McDonalds out there in no mans land? Is that any different then this flip flop place? Oh they sell upscale Chinese flip flops....I get it now.

What you say? Someone might need a pair of high quality flip flops while they are in the parks? What did they do before? Is there a rash of bare footed guest running around? Same with Sunglass hut.....what did we do all these years with out Sunglass hut?

Don't even get me started with the bakery, one of the last bastions of Disney uniqueness. It went by the way of the antique store.....and Sids in its hey day or Starabilia. If anyone reading this doesn't remember these places......might not get it....WDW did fine with out these places....just don't see the over whelming need for them now.....I know I know.....Disney is a Business.

invader

Sunglass hut doesn't make sunglasses...the Chinese do.

They actually don't. Luxottica owns Sunglasses Hut and is the manufacturer of all of sunglasses sold in their stores. Any type of sunglasses you buy are most likely made by the same company, Luxottica, which makes RayBans, Oakleys, Prada, Versace, the list goes on... They really are an Italian brand with only one of twelve manufacturing facilities in China. Look up the 60 Minutes segment on the company, very scary stuff... perfect example of the illusion of choice

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom