Disney to reinvent the theme park shopping experience with new mobile app - Shop Disney Parks

hopemax

Since the last update, I can't get the app to load. Just get a "connection failed" message, and to try again later. Anyone else experiencing this problem. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but that doesn't resolve the issue.

Cosmic Commando

Since the last update, I can't get the app to load. Just get a "connection failed" message, and to try again later. Anyone else experiencing this problem. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but that doesn't resolve the issue.
I've had some connection issues today, but I've also used the app fully since the update. It could just be a temporary problem on Disney's end.

P.S. I don't remember if this has been mentioned here, but there's free shipping to home until November 22. It could be huge for families who aren't sure they'll fit everything in their luggage or car for the trip home.

Herah

I cannot wait to use this next trip since our children are grown now (Well, our son is still 12 but not exactly a small fry anymore.) and we do not need to have everything we buy with us all day. I am going to send all of my purchases up front to be picked up later on my way out of the parks. :D
I thought you could have things sent to the front even before the app? We've never done it because they say to allow a few hours, and we tend to shop towards the end of our day.

G00fyDad

I thought you could have things sent to the front even before the app? We've never done it because they say to allow a few hours, and we tend to shop towards the end of our day.

You can (I know it may sound silly), but this seems very convenient. No more standing in lines to buy things. Scan the barcode, purchase in the app, and pick it up at the end of the day. :)

FrostyNaples

You can (I know it may sound silly), but this seems very convenient. No more standing in lines to buy things. Scan the barcode, purchase in the app, and pick it up at the end of the day. :)

Exactly, skip the lines at the cash register, no need to waste more time filling out the green forms. It is extremely convenient for shopping, and then enjoying the parks. Plus you can sit on the purchase, and decide later, even after leaving Disney to ship to home.

Wags14

Ya tried using this several times during our last trip a week ago and got this message repeatedly. I think it has something to do with the new iOS and the compatibility issues. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, would have loved to have used it.

hopemax

Ya tried using this several times during our last trip a week ago and got this message repeatedly. I think it has something to do with the new iOS and the compatibility issues. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, would have loved to have used it.

Yeah, I found a Disney Parks Blog Post about the app, and commented that I couldn't get the app to work after the update, and that there were messages from other people saying the same, on the app store. After that, the next time I tried to load the app, it had a comment about IOS 7 issues, and then a couple days later it was working. So the app loads for me now, but I still have some issues, in that I'll search for something, and get like 150 results, but then it times out after only showing me 10, 20, 50 results. So if you know exactly what you want, you can search, but if you want to just browse holiday items or something, it's hard to see all of them.

Jahona

So I made a few holiday purchase and they seem to have gotten my order mixed up on one of them. The box was addressed to me but the item inside and the shipping invoice had someone else's name and order. I've attempted to call their phone number but the only thing I get this morning is a busy signal. It seems that this service doesn't have an email address either to use to get in contact with.

JohnD

So I made a few holiday purchase and they seem to have gotten my order mixed up on one of them. The box was addressed to me but the item inside and the shipping invoice had someone else's name and order. I've attempted to call their phone number but the only thing I get this morning is a busy signal. It seems that this service doesn't have an email address either to use to get in contact with.

Waiting for a Mr. Toad ornament and two mugs to arrive. I've used it before with no problems. Crossing fingers.

JohnD

Just a head's up. I got an email today identifying me as a user of the app and asking for me to complete a survey

Greetings from the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We identified you as a recent Shop Disney Parks app user. We’re interested in learning about your experience using the Shop Disney Parks app by inviting you to participate in a quick survey.

To launch the survey, please click here.

Your survey responses will be given our undivided attention, for we genuinely want to provide our Guests with the ultimate Disney experience. Thank you in advance for your participation!

Best Regards,
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Research

There was nothing terribly interesting or shocking about it. Standard stuff like, what do you like about the app/what do you dislike, how easy did you find it to use, etc. I mentioned that I wished you could zoom in on photos (especially on my tablet, the fact you can't pinch and zoom makes for tiny photos!) and also that shipping was unbalanced and overly high. (esp given it's price-based vs size/weight based so a tiny, expensive item has huge shipping costs for example.)

Yes. It really needs a zoom feature.

Jahona

Update: Finally got through. They are almost out of what I ordered and are attempting to track one down and send it to me. Decent customer service over the phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom