Primeval Whirl closing for a 3 month refurbishment later in August

Matt_Black

I disagree and think that you're reading an intent in the narrative of the attractions that absolutely isn't there.

It absolutely is there, because poaching is mentioned REPEATEDLY in several attractions, most notably the Kilimanjaro Safari. The main cause of poaching is economic reasons.

Bairstow

It absolutely is there, because poaching is mentioned REPEATEDLY in several attractions, most notably the Kilimanjaro Safari. The main cause of poaching is economic reasons.

See, it's that second part- the part about understanding the socioeconomic causes of poaching/logging/jaywalking that isn't main part of the narrative. You can read that into the attractions/lands if you want to but it's not a focus and certainly not to the extent that dictated the aesthetic direction of the entire park.
Again, if the intent was to convey empathy for the offenders, the rustic and rusting Harambe and Anandapur areas would be ugly and dire. Instead they're vibrant and brimming with weird little cultural ephemera that Rodhe and his team found cool on their constant fact-finding vacations. No one walks through Harambe and thinks to themselves, "Wow, this place is a hellhole. I can totally see how young men would turn to butchering elephants to feed their starving children."

DisneyGentleman

You are surprised that some people hate pain, and especially hate paying big money and spending their finite lifespan standing in a line to experience pain? Your family laughs when one of you is in pain? If that works for you, fine, but it should hardly be surprising that the families who do not need to worry about removing their ball gags at the dinner table would feel differently.
Well, anyone who hangs out at these boards has to love the feeling of pain. Just spend an afternoon reading the posts....

KrazyKat

Hi Everyone! I've been lurking on WDWMagic for over 9 years and this is my first post. I'm a huge WDW and UOR fan. My family and I go every year (since 2004). I'm on here every day, in fact I don't think a day has gone by in 9 years I haven't been on here. Anyway, on to my point. I really like and enjoy AK and think it's a beautiful park. Glad to see it's finally getting some investment to make it a truly full day park into the night. The one thing I think is lacking however, is more marine animal type attractions. That being said, I do a lot of armchair Imagineering like many of you which shows how "Krazy" I am about WDW. One idea I had was to bring over the popular Crush's Coaster from Paris and put it next to the Finding Nemo Musical. Make that whole Chester & Hester area a new Nemo and marine life themed land. I would also possibly add the new Nemo ride that's coming to Tokyo, space permitting. Add in some exhibits kind of like at Epcot with some very exotic fish and there you go. Marine life is better represented at AK. I know many of you don't care for the Nemo ride at Living Seas but here at least it's in the ANIMAL Kingdom. Looking forward to posting more on here.
CC.jpg

invader

Just wondering (asking to those in the know)... If this were track/ride related who would be brought in to work on the ride? Zamperla? Dynamic?

Last edited:

Lee

Adventurer
Just wondering (asking to those in the know)... If this were track/ride related who would be brought in to work on the ride? Zamperla? Dynamic?
Neither at this point, unless they were buying new ride vehicles that needed testing.
All ride and track work is almost certainly to be handled in-house.

Fox&Hound

Hi Everyone! I've been lurking on WDWMagic for over 9 years and this is my first post. I'm a huge WDW and UOR fan. My family and I go every year (since 2004). I'm on here every day, in fact I don't think a day has gone by in 9 years I haven't been on here. Anyway, on to my point. I really like and enjoy AK and think it's a beautiful park. Glad to see it's finally getting some investment to make it a truly full day park into the night. The one thing I think is lacking however, is more marine animal type attractions. That being said, I do a lot of armchair Imagineering like many of you which shows how "Krazy" I am about WDW. One idea I had was to bring over the popular Crush's Coaster from Paris and put it next to the Finding Nemo Musical. Make that whole Chester & Hester area a new Nemo and marine life themed land. I would also possibly add the new Nemo ride that's coming to Tokyo, space permitting. Add in some exhibits kind of like at Epcot with some very exotic fish and there you go. Marine life is better represented at AK. I know many of you don't care for the Nemo ride at Living Seas but here at least it's in the ANIMAL Kingdom. Looking forward to posting more on here.
View attachment 104792
Hi!!! Welcome to the posting side of these boards! Thanks for posting your ideas! I agree that marine life is missing from AK and could be a fun addition -but what would your idea mean for the giant aquarium at Epcot? I love AK and would love to see more attractions: marine, bears, kangaroos, koala bears, and def more rides!

Absimilliard

Neither at this point, unless they were buying new ride vehicles that needed testing.
All ride and track work is almost certainly to be handled in-house.

I agree with Lee. Central Shops is more than capable to do repair track work and even new vehicles bodies if needed. If the layout needed to be changed or completely replaced, than Dynamic Attractions or someone else would come in, like with BTM at Disneyland.

Brad Bishop

Hi!!! Welcome to the posting side of these boards! Thanks for posting your ideas! I agree that marine life is missing from AK and could be a fun addition -but what would your idea mean for the giant aquarium at Epcot? I love AK and would love to see more attractions: marine, bears, kangaroos, koala bears, and def more rides!

Probably a hard sell to those who approve budgets but I'd suggest removing SeaLab 2021 from Epcot and putting in a proper aquarium (and a bit more modern) at AK.

Then put in something interesting where the Living Seas was.

KrazyKat

Well, in a perfect world WDW would get rid of The Seas with Nemo and friends but they still need stuff for the kids to do in Future World. My kids really enjoy Turtle Talk with Crush because of the interaction but they seem less interested in the actual Nemo ride after going on it every year. Seeing that it is called "Future World", I just wish Disney would put a futuristic type ride in the pavilion that has to do with sea exploration. I actually have an idea for such a ride. This idea could actually be replicated into other attractions as well.

I'm not happy about this because they announced this in late July, and they have set up a system where you need to book your trip 180 days in advance and book FP+ 60 days in advance. A 3 month refurb has to be budgeted, as it's clearly not an emergency fix. They knew this was coming, and should have shared it with guests 180+ days out, not within 60 days of closure.

Bairstow

I'm not happy about this because they announced this in late July, and they have set up a system where you need to book your trip 180 days in advance and book FP+ 60 days in advance. A 3 month refurb has to be budgeted, as it's clearly not an emergency fix. They knew this was coming, and should have shared it with guests 180+ days out, not within 60 days of closure.

It would be nice and symmetrical if they could, but I don't think Disney can always afford to wait half a year when they identify an need or opportunity for a refurbishment. Besides, don't people who have scheduled a suddenly-unavailable attraction get a wildcard opportunity to reschedule?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom