Surprise reshuffle of Vice Presidents at the Walt Disney World parks on the horizon?

lazyboy97o

Never heard of the guy until now. But I Googled him and found an interview he did in Cars Land in June, 2012. His LinkedIn page is typically vague and has no title listed, but apparently he's still on the WDI payroll.

Kathy is a VP and may just be a overgrown project manager. But she was the figurehead for Cars Land and got it done.
Tom Morris was creatively involved with Cars Land, and lead creative on Hong Kong Disneyland and Fantasyland at Disneyland Paris.

lazyboy97o

For some reasons, WDI or someone there refuse to publicly acknowledge Tom Morris involvement. When the THEA Award (think of the Oscars equivalent for themed attactions) for Carsland was handed out, Kathy Mangum received the award and gave out the presentation at the workshop day. No where in all that did she mention Tom Morris name sadly.
That got me thinking. Tom Morris' official THEA designated role on Cars Land an Radiator Springs Racers (they are combined) is "Creative Director." Magnum is "Executive Producer."

Absimilliard

That got me thinking. Tom Morris' official THEA designated role on Cars Land an Radiator Springs Racers (they are combined) is "Creative Director." Magnum is "Executive Producer."

To finish on the odd WDI lack of mentions, there was a recent event that make me wonder if some ex imagineers are not to be mentioned?

On July 23rd, DLP held a special event for shareholders and the press for the reopening of Space Mountain. They had a french imagineer called Laurent Cayuela, a scenarist, do a 40 minutes presentation on the history of Space Mountain worldwide and concluding with Mission 2. The interesting parts were that he did touch that "computers" helped create Space Mountain at WDW, he did not mention William Watkins, the father of modern roller coasters. He was the head of mechanical engineering at WDW when Space Mountain was being created and he created those heartline curves that are now a staple of every roller coaster around the world. Second, Tim Delaney was not mentioned at all!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Am I throwing in the towel too fast with the park formerly known as the Studios? I just lost all hopes of anything positive coming to the park now that Phil Holmes is the VP there. How much time before Rock n Roller Coaster refurbs and maintenance get pushed out and the ride turns into a rougher version of DLP Space Mountain?

Not long now - but the parks financials will be AWESOME!

Tony the Tigger

Which is why one group wrote him a letter pleading that he end Gay Days end end Walt Disney World's involvement with such "immoral" behavior.

OMG - Somebody used the "g" word and this thread isn't locked yet! (That's getting very old very fast. Cute forum overall, but that is just obnoxious.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom