Disney's Hollywood Studios about to get its version of a Blue Sky Cellar preview center

djkidkaz

So was this just bad info Steve? I know the rumor was it was going in Animation but with Star Wars Launch Bay going in there then that rules this out. Is a blue sky cellar still happening?

Bolt

So was this just bad info Steve? I know the rumor was it was going in Animation but with Star Wars Launch Bay going in there then that rules this out. Is a blue sky cellar still happening?
I think it could be a hybrid of both. Animation is pretty large.

afar28

They did mention the Launch Bay will have models of SW land, so it isn't completely wrong

JWG

There's plenty of other dead space. One Mans Dream, Jack Sparrow, other parts of animation. It could still happen.

doctornick

@wdwmagic hinted in the Launch Bay thread that Animation building was large enough to have both Launch Bay and a Blue Sky area.

With Star Wars , Toy Story Playland, Pandora and Rivers of Light, there's plenty for a cool Blue Sky area right now. As things get built and removed from the preview center, we are likely to have other projects that will be able to put in (additional Pixar stuff, whatever is coming to Epcot or MK as part of the $3.5B budget, etc.)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't think bad info, there is enough space to do both, but we'll see. Plans change all the time, and without being actually in the team working on this, the exact outcome is hard to predict.

doctornick

I don't think bad info, there is enough space to do both, but we'll see. Plans change all the time, and without being actually in the team working on this, the exact outcome is hard to predict.

Any idea for the status of a "Blue Sky" area in Animation? I'm hoping that this gets done in addition to the Star Wars Launch Bay, but have not heard anything recently about the idea.

doctornick

That building; jack, one mans and mermaid is being buldozed for toy story land sometime in January.

Some have said that it's only Sparrow and OMD that will be removed and that the Mermaid building will be renovated with a new IP. I believe @marni1971 specifically has said that.

The OMD building is pretty large and removing it and Sparrow (plus the existing breezeway) should provide ample space for a walkway for TSL.

roj2323

Some have said that it's only Sparrow and OMD that will be removed and that the Mermaid building will be renovated with a new IP. I believe @marni1971 specifically has said that.

The OMD building is pretty large and removing it and Sparrow (plus the existing breezeway) should provide ample space for a walkway for TSL.
I don't disagree. I was simply pointing out what I was told by Backlands cast working those attractions.

djkidkaz

So nothing ever came of this unfortunately. Its a shame, it would be nice to have somewhere to see all the changes coming.

doctornick

Yeah, I am disappointed that this didn't happen. Is there any plans for something similar in a different location in DHS? Or even someplace else like Epcot (Innoventions has plenty of unused space....)

mm121

It isn't fully off the radar just yet. Not in that location obviously, but I've been told of plans for elsewhere. But like most things with SW land, it is in a constant state of change.
is there any more space in the launch bay?

should this thread also be moved over to the new thread

Epcot82Guy

I hope we see a reincarnation somewhere. I still wish they would use that idea to re-invent the old Imageworks into the Blue Sky Loft (showcase combined with DIY imagineering). But total personal pipe dream there.

JWG

Maybe the dead space in Innoventions could house this? Seems like a decent use of that space and a good place for it to go if they want to try and keep Futureworld theming. Otherwise, maybe it can take over the Launch Bay when that's no longer needed and Star Wars Land has opened.

JEANYLASER

Seems like a decent use of that space and a good place for it to go if they want to try and keep Future world theming too! I think that space in the innovations will be perfect!

boufa

While it would certainly be cool... in this modern internet world, i think this kind of info is bad to put out from Dinsey's point of view. With things always in flux (change orders are a constant part of construction life) any change would be seen by this very positive community of forward lookers as a downgrade from the original plans. Disney would be inviting even more ridicule than they get when they eliminate liquid cheese.

Rhetorical question... this isn't the thread for the answer.... how many here think that Avatar is likely a poor substitute for Beastly Kingdom. See what I mean, Beastly Kingdom never got off the drawing board, but its viewed by many as superior to anything else Disney does in its place. If they put out concept art, or a lot of it, or put models on display, and the final product doesn't end up looking like that... we will be all over them. (Personally I think 7dmt is a huge upgrade over the initially announced plans for a pixie hollow walk through, but I have seen posts on these forums thinking otherwise)

Mike S

While it would certainly be cool... in this modern internet world, i think this kind of info is bad to put out from Dinsey's point of view. With things always in flux (change orders are a constant part of construction life) any change would be seen by this very positive community of forward lookers as a downgrade from the original plans. Disney would be inviting even more ridicule than they get when they eliminate liquid cheese.

Rhetorical question... this isn't the thread for the answer.... how many here think that Avatar is likely a poor substitute for Beastly Kingdom. See what I mean, Beastly Kingdom never got off the drawing board, but its viewed by many as superior to anything else Disney does in its place. If they put out concept art, or a lot of it, or put models on display, and the final product doesn't end up looking like that... we will be all over them. (Personally I think 7dmt is a huge upgrade over the initially announced plans for a pixie hollow walk through, but I have seen posts on these forums thinking otherwise)
Actually, cast members on the AK boats before they closed actually made reference to Beastly Kingdom. There was even a Dragon fountain and a cave with a fire breathing Dragon to hype what was soon to come.
Expediton%20Everest%20003.jpg

dragonfire03162012_0000.jpg

FYI, I'm excited for Avatar. I think it will be very cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom