High ranking Imagineers Joe Rohde and Bob Weis expand their roles with Walt Disney Imagineering

FOH Jim

I would use the word architect in the Frank Lloyd Wright sense. Designer, Artist, Manager. I think like Wright, Joe sees the structure and the details as unified and inseparable. That is what makes him so good at his job.

RandySavage

I would use the word architect in the Frank Lloyd Wright sense. Designer, Artist, Manager. I think like Wright, Joe sees the structure and the details as unified and inseparable. That is what makes him so good at his job.
Fair enough. As in "architect of a vision." When I see architect I tend to think of schematics and building plans.

lazyboy97o

I understand what's being communicated, but to be technical on terminology, Rohde isn't an Architect, at least not in the AIA sense. He's is a renaissance man, who can sketch, paint, sculpt, make models, and all-around design theme parks really-well.
It is not just the AIA. Architect is a legally protected professional title throughout the United States.

lazyboy97o

Frank Lloyd Wright was an architect architect and he most certainly did not see structure and details that well, that's why his buildings leak and Fallingwater almost fell into the water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom