High ranking Imagineers Joe Rohde and Bob Weis expand their roles with Walt Disney Imagineering

BrianLo

Rohde's two projects are Village Natures and Avatar (he is based in Glendale). It seems natural that he would shift to overseeing Marvel in DCA and the rumoured Marvel in WDS as a result. Although I do hope they continue to have him heavily involved in anything Animal Kingdom.

Bob Weis is just further confirmation that Hong Kong is getting a second park in short order.

BJones82

What is it that Uni is doing with Marvel that you don't like?

I Just don't like the Spiderman type rides that they are doing, never been a huge fan of them, Doesn't mean I wont like things they do in the future just don't like them... And I'm not an armchair imagineer so I don't have ideas for what they should do. I like some things Uni is doing like the new King Kong ride and both HP areas, but the marvel area just doesn't do it for me.... There obviously is no guarantee that WDW would do it better or differently but just how I feel, not meant to start a fight about who is better or anything just an opinion.

PhotoDave219

Rohde's two projects are Village Natures and Avatar (he is based in Glendale). It seems natural that he would shift to overseeing Marvel in DCA and the rumoured Marvel in WDS as a result. Although I do hope they continue to have him heavily involved in anything Animal Kingdom.

Bob Weis is just further confirmation that Hong Kong is getting a second park in short order.

Okay let's get this out in the open.

First: *IF* marvel ends up in DHS, it will be GotG and it will be a one-off.

Second: *IF* they actually go forth with it, it won't be decided until after the release of the Second GotG movie.

MrPromey

I Just don't like the Spiderman type rides that they are doing, never been a huge fan of them, Doesn't mean I wont like things they do in the future just don't like them... And I'm not an armchair imagineer so I don't have ideas for what they should do. I like some things Uni is doing like the new King Kong ride and both HP areas, but the marvel area just doesn't do it for me.... There obviously is no guarantee that WDW would do it better or differently but just how I feel, not meant to start a fight about who is better or anything just an opinion.

I think it's a fair statement to say you prefer Disney's style over Unversal's or vice versa. In the earlier days, Universal was clearly trying to copy Disney's approach to things but over time has developed their own distinct style and sensibility when it comes to ride types and theme. Personally, I think that's a good thing (that the two are different).

That said, I thought what they were doing with Marvel these days was pretty much nothing. I could easily be mistaken but I don't think they can develop anything new without Marvel approval. I'm sure someone on here knows more about that than me, though.

BJones82

That said, I thought what they were doing with Marvel these days was pretty much nothing. I could easily be mistaken but I don't think they can develop anything new without Marvel approval. I'm sure someone on here knows more about that than me, though.

If that is true then that explains that, I am not well versed on the contract agreements other than they get Marvel East of the Mississippi.

MrPromey

Okay let's get this out in the open.

First: *IF* marvel ends up in DHS, it will be GotG and it will be a one-off.

Second: *IF* they actually go forth with it, it won't be decided until after the release of the Second GotG movie.

I noticed that while this is a Marvel Property, they've worked hard at featuring it as just GotG and not Marvel's GotG in a lot of their materials which would make a lot of sense if when they were launching this franchise, they were considering the possibility of developing anything with this for all of their theme park locations someday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom