9/11/01. My POV

emmagata

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Or you can just calm down and be grateful that you're alive to read this and that your wife is alive for you to be afraid of and just not worry about what others think -

You're still here and so are your loved ones - so there's really no need to worry about slapping some person you've never even met now is there?

Just my opinion!

You're right. I am grateful that I did not lose any family or close friends on Sept 11th 2001. But I did lose some fellow workers (I did not know personally) in the towers and on the flight that crashed into the Pentagon.

However, I get offended by those that are so self indulgent that they think the world revolves around them.

Think what you want. I don't care.

Open your mouth and it's a different story. You're free to say what you want and I'm free not to like it and free to tell you so.

Just my opinion (too). :wave:

RogueHabit

Originally posted by emmagata

I would like to meet this fellow "American" of mine and give her a nice big slap upside the head.

I was always told never to hit a woman, but there are a few that deserve a smack or two.

(I hope my wife doesn't see this!!)
Trust me, she ain't worth the effort...

RogueHabit

Originally posted by MajinBuu
I just remembered something.

I was at the official Star Wars site after Ep. II came out and in the forum was a topic of which Star Wars character could end the violence in the Mideast and win the war on terror.

This guy from Australia posts that he thinks it was our own government who planned the attacks, as means to go over and lay claim to the oil in the Mideast. You should have seen the responses to that one!! :fork: :fork: :mad: :mad:
Good Grief, I hope we (The SW.C Moderators) locked the thread.

MajinBuu

Original Poster
I can't say. Last time I was there it was longer than the "Calling All RYANS" thread on here (I think...).

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by emmagata

You're right. I am grateful that I did not lose any family or close friends on Sept 11th 2001. But I did lose some fellow workers (I did not know personally) in the towers and on the flight that crashed into the Pentagon.

However, I get offended by those that are so self indulgent that they think the world revolves around them.

Think what you want. I don't care.

Open your mouth and it's a different story. You're free to say what you want and I'm free not to like it and free to tell you so.

Just my opinion (too). :wave:

Ouch! Good thing I didn't say anything worth getting slapped over! :)

nikimsu2002

I was in school too when I found out about 9-11. I was sitting in World Religions class in the computer lab when my teacher came in and told us about it and immediately turned on CNN. THen everybody in the room was trying to log onto a site and get some information. I watched the TV in the rest of my classes that day and at lunch time, when I was allowed to go out to lunch, I had to get out of the building. Most of my friends were afraid to go, but a few of us left and immediately pulled out cell phones and called our parents. My dad had been in the Renassaince Center in Detroit and had been told that they had to leave the building. The worst was being in my English class watching the TV. My teacher was an 85 year old man who had seen a lot of tragedies in his life and he was sitting there watching with tears in his eyes. Then when I got home, I found out that one of my friend's dad was stuck in Germany and couldn't get home. Luckily he managed to get home by Saturday, but it was a nervous time for his family.

I can't even imagine what it would have been like to know someone who was effected by 9-11. God Bless America!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom