9/11/01. My POV

MajinBuu

Original Poster
I didnt think this belonged on other 9/11 threads already up so...

That day... I heard about 'A' plane crashing and exploding in a building while I was waiting for class to start. Being that there was an airport not too far away I suspected thats what I was hearing about. I was in the dark, knowing nothing about any attaks, for about 3 or 4 hours till school was canceled due to a bomb threat on campus. On the way home, the only thing i heard about was the plane that crashed in PA, and that 3 other planes went down elsewhere. Before I got to house the skys got really dark and gloomy. At my friends house, I logged onto AOL and thats where I saw a pic of the second plane hitting WTC. I didnt know the twin towers were gone, until I got home and saw it played over and over on the news.

I don't show much emotion most of the time, but I was :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:!!!!

I wasn't a member of this community yet, and after reading that post from 9/11, I'm glad everyone here is OK. A lot has happened since then but my thoughts and prayers are still with everyone involved!!!

And bin Laden, Screw with one American, you screw with ALL Americans, and so God help me I'll kill you myself! Go ahead and hide. The SiCness is creeping upon you and WILL find you!!!!

GOD BLESS THE USA AND ALL ITS PEOPLE!!!!!!!

RogueHabit

Originally posted by MajinBuu
And bin Laden, Screw with one American, you screw with ALL Americans, and so God help me I'll kill you myself! Go ahead and hide. The SiCness is creeping upon you and WILL find you!!!!

GOD BLESS THE USA AND ALL ITS PEOPLE!!!!!!!
Not to undermine your sentiments at all, but I am deeply saddened that you feel that 9/11 was only about the Good Ol' US of A.

What happened in New York, Washington and southwest Pennsylvania didn't just kill Americans, it killed people from many countries. Yes, this happened on American soil, but it affected the lives of families across the globe.

I think we all need to remember this sometimes. I didn't know anyone who died, for this I am thankful, but I do think we need to remember that this was not an attack of the US, this was an attack on the Western World and the way of life in the Western World.

So Yes, God Bless the USA, but also God Bless the Freedom of all individuals in the Western World and beyond. This is what we should be fighting from. Freedom from hunger, freedom from persecution, freedom from disease and Yes, Freedom from Terror.

My wishes go out to all those who were affected by 9/11, wherever they are and however they were affected.

Dawnie

Re: Re: 9/11/01. My POV

Originally posted by Ratcat
So Yes, God Bless the USA, but also God Bless the Freedom of all individuals in the Western World and beyond. This is what we should be fighting from. Freedom from hunger, freedom from persecution, freedom from disease and Yes, Freedom from Terror.

On behalf of my friend's father - a British citizen lost at the WTC -
Amen.

Al

Re: Re: 9/11/01. My POV

Not to undermine your sentiments at all, but I am deeply saddened that you feel that 9/11 was only about the Good Ol' US of A.

What happened in New York, Washington and southwest Pennsylvania didn't just kill Americans, it killed people from many countries. Yes, this happened on American soil, but it affected the lives of families across the globe.

I think we all need to remember this sometimes. I didn't know anyone who died, for this I am thankful, but I do think we need to remember that this was not an attack of the US, this was an attack on the Western World and the way of life in the Western World.

My wishes go out to all those who were affected by 9/11, wherever they are and however they were affected.

well said indeed

MajinBuu

Original Poster
My bad!!!!

When I wrote that, I was barely thinking, and half asleep.

I didn't mean to forget about the other countries that lost people.
:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

I'm sorry about that. It wasn't on perpose. I'll shut up now.

:zipit:

MajinBuu

Original Poster
Maria... are you being serious or sarcastic?

I'm a little out of it.. I have the worst headache I EVER had right now and cant tell......

Maria

Don´t worry, don´t get paranoid... I am being serious.

Gee... this is what I get for being sarcastic all the time... :rolleyes:

I was being serious MajinBuu... don´t doubt about it.
:)

MajinBuu

Original Poster
O, ok... good

Everyone is sarcastic with me. I can never tell the difference thats how much sarcasm is directed at me.

OldKeyWest24

I remember being in school when i found out. It was sixh period pre-algebra, so it was about 12ish. I had heard people talking abut it, but i thought it was some sick minded person making up stuff. Than our teacher told us. I was in shock. I didnt know how to feel. Should I be sad? or should i stay strong in school? Walking out of 8th period they played god bless the USA. I cried when i heard it. It was so weird. When we walked to the busses the halls where in dead scilence..sumthing you dont hear in highschool. Later on I got home and learned what happened, scince we couldnt watch i on tv at school. My mom was crying beacuse she had given my aunt and ublce tuckets to see Regis and Kelly that day. They made it out ok, but NY was her home for 20 yrs of her life and it all had changed. Than i got bad news, my neightbor was sent to the WTC as a firefighter. He made it out ok..but for 2 weeks we worried.

This was a very tragic time no matter whole old you are. God Bless this wonderful country and all the people who where affect by 9/11. Love you all!

Susan

RogueHabit

My bad!!!!

Dude, there's no need to shut up, and there's no need to worry. 9/11 is many different things, to many different people. Trust me, if yours was the worst things I'd read from an American about today then I probably wouldn't have even bothered saying anything.

Unfortunately I have heard all sorts today, but the worst was from an American, who I once considered a close personal friend, and for whom 9/11 was nothing more than just a bad news day.

All she could do was complain about the fact that today was being marked. She seemed to forget that there were a lot of people who lost friends, family and loved ones in the attacks.

So, chill and don't worry about it.:)

What's important is that you have remmebered, as have we all.

MajinBuu

Original Poster
I just remembered something.

I was at the official Star Wars site after Ep. II came out and in the forum was a topic of which Star Wars character could end the violence in the Mideast and win the war on terror.

This guy from Australia posts that he thinks it was our own government who planned the attacks, as means to go over and lay claim to the oil in the Mideast. You should have seen the responses to that one!! :fork: :fork: :mad: :mad:

CrashNet

My bad!!!!

Don't worry about....People deal with tragedies in their own way. Some sadness, confusion, or anger.

My heart goes out to all Americans so deeply effected by the events of September 11, 2001. I know how hard it will be to ever think of this date again with out thinking of everyone lost in that tragic event.

God Bless America

September 11, 2001: Victims and Honored Dead

darthdarrel

I remember 911 like it was yesterday!
I was home in bed,I hadn`t gone to work cause I was very sick with bronchitis and sinusitis,So I was in bed sick and bored,so I flipped on the tv only to see the first plane hit the tower,then the next! I flipped the station,cause I thought it was just a movie,but low and behold it was on that station to,so I got on the internet and started crying and I was chatting with a friend of mine who lives in Australia,she really helped me through it!:D
God bless America and God bless all the people in the WORLD who were affected by it! And to all those that don`t beleive in God,I hope you are well tonight!:wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Some moving thoughts Darth, maybe Sith Lords aren't so bad after all:D

I was on my way back from Australia on a plane that was scheduled to land in LA around 12:00 am eastern time for a stopover on the way to Philadelphia.

Around the time we were scheduled to land, I noticed the flight attendants huddling and looking nervous. I began to think there was some mechanical trouble when the pilot came ove the PA. As near as I can remember, he said something like: "Ladies and gentlemen their has been some heavy terrorist activity in the US overnight. Two planes were hijacked and flown into the World Trade Center. Reports indicate both towers have collapsed. Another plane has hit the Pentagon and many others are still unnaccounted for. LAX is closed, and we're waiting instruction."

At that point people broke down crying. Many tried to reach family on cell phones with very little luck. I think many of us were wondering if we were next (I think that may be why the pilot told us, so we'd be ready to react).

Since we didn't have much fuel left after the long flight, we were cleared to land in the closed airport (besides the other problems, there was also a bomb threat in the airport). There were hundreds of policemen, FBI agents, ATF agents etc. in the airport. They formed lines on either side of us and directed us to quickly move through the airport.

There was complete chaos outside. Eventually they got vans together to take us to hotels.

After being away from my family for two weeks, it was reallt tough to be stuck in that hotel room all alone, but I understood I had no right to feel sorry for myself.

I finally got out on the 14th. If you remember, there were groups reportedly arrested with box cutters as flights resumed. I was actually a bit nervous flying for the first time in my life, but I got home with relatively little trouble.

emmagata

Dude, there's no need to shut up, and there's no need to worry. 9/11 is many different things, to many different people. Trust me, if yours was the worst things I'd read from an American about today then I probably wouldn't have even bothered saying anything.

Unfortunately I have heard all sorts today, but the worst was from an American, who I once considered a close personal friend, and for whom 9/11 was nothing more than just a bad news day.

All she could do was complain about the fact that today was being marked. She seemed to forget that there were a lot of people who lost friends, family and loved ones in the attacks.

So, chill and don't worry about it.:)

What's important is that you have remmebered, as have we all.

I would like to meet this fellow "American" of mine and give her a nice big slap upside the head.

I was always told never to hit a woman, but there are a few that deserve a smack or two.

(I hope my wife doesn't see this!!)

cymbaldiva

Or you can just calm down and be grateful that you're alive to read this and that your wife is alive for you to be afraid of and just not worry about what others think -

You're still here and so are your loved ones - so there's really no need to worry about slapping some person you've never even met now is there?

Just my opinion!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom