Disney offering new Epcot tour - World Showcase DestiNations Discovered

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This press release made me LOL. "Backstage magic"? There is no backstage magic in World Showcase. There's a parking lot, an access road, a smattering of bus stops, and some support trailers. The tour will probably stop by the Illuminations barges, but definitely won't bring Guests up into the control room. Why is this over $100?

I highly recommend the MK Keys tour because there's a lot to see. Backstage WS is a letdown.
That wasn't a press release. Just my wording:)

The Incredible Schmulk

Am I crazy for thinking that this tour is offering something that should probably be included with admission as part of the cultural representation of each pavilion? And at the cost of a one-day ticket, I think I'll be skipping this one. I could probably get this done on my own in less time, for less money and with more freedom by using the Internet to fill in my knowledge gaps. Tours can be fun and all, but when they take this long and cost this much, they price me right out of any sort of interest level.

If they're going to ask me to pay for something I feel that each pavilion should have dedicated staff to provide anyway, I'd rather choose a single pavilion that interests me and have a "cultural ambassador" for that country take me through a shorter and more focused tour. You know, like the Behind the Seeds tour, except in France. $25-30 for an hour-long tour, $45-50 with the prix fixe lunch from Chefs. That's something I could get behind, and most pavilions could offer something similar.

JohnD

This press release made me LOL. "Backstage magic"? There is no backstage magic in World Showcase. There's a parking lot, an access road, a smattering of bus stops, and some support trailers. The tour will probably stop by the Illuminations barges, but definitely won't bring Guests up into the control room. Why is this over $100?

I highly recommend the MK Keys tour because there's a lot to see. Backstage WS is a letdown.

I'd give more credence to the opinion that the tour is a "letdown" from a first-hand report. By your logic, Keys is a "letdown" because it takes you to a boring underground walkway or warehouse buildings behind Frontierland." Or UnDISCOVERed Future World is a "letdown" because you're on an access road between Canada and Soarin', you go into a lounge in Mission: Space, and walk into into a cast support building behind China.

If you don't want to go, that's your choice, but please enough with the pre-judging. Some of us are actually interested in this tour.

raven

And at the cost of a one-day ticket, I think I'll be skipping this one. I could probably get this done on my own in less time, for less money and with more freedom by using the Internet to fill in my knowledge gaps. Tours can be fun and all, but when they take this long and cost this much, they price me right out of any sort of interest level.

Anymore I think the point of these tours is not to educate, but to drain more money from their guests. More offerings? Yes. But what constitutes the crazy prices for these tours?

tirian

I'd give more credence to the opinion that the tour is a "letdown" from a first-hand report. By your logic, Keys is a "letdown" because it takes you to a boring underground walkway or warehouse buildings behind Frontierland." Or UnDISCOVERed Future World is a "letdown" because you're on an access road between Canada and Soarin', you go into a lounge in Mission: Space, and walk into into a cast support building behind China.

If you don't want to go, that's your choice, but please enough with the pre-judging. Some of us are actually interested in this tour.

And I'm also allowed to have my own opinion which you are allowed to dislike. I've spent a lot of time in backstage WS for various events and there's not much back there.

NYBaloo

We are definitely doing this on our next trip. Sounds interesting and seems fairly priced. And actually I hope lunch is at the Biergarten, as the husband is german and loves their food.

Father Robinson

Part of this sounds interesting, I'm just one that doesn't like to see any Disney backstage stuff. I just prefer to keep WDW as wonderous as possible. Not to put down this tour idea or anything, I think learning more about the creation of the pavilions would be extremely fascinating. But I'll just stick to being part of the audience for now.

Texas84

Checked for this Saturday and Monday and it's sold out. Didn't ask the CM but other sites are saying lunch is Morocco.

pajammies

After reading the article, I wouldn't have minded doing the tour (surprise to myself even) but I have absolutely no interest in eating in Morocco. Otherwise I think it sounds fun.

Tony the Tigger

We had a dinner at the Morocco restaurant with the dancers some years back - I remember thinking the food wasn't bad, but wasn't impressive and no need to "do over." No idea what lunch is like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom