Epcot Entertainment News

flyerjab

They need to keep adding small live entertainment like this to WS in Epcot. All of the restaurants and shopping are nice obviously, as well as the themed pavilions. The smaller entertainment offerings need to be increased everywhere in WDW, and this is a great place for some of them. They add a degree of energy to the areas, as well as increase the variety of experiences. Beyond shopping, eating and some of the static artifacts, this creates more of a dynamic cultural experience which is great.

Bolt

They need to keep adding small live entertainment like this to WS in Epcot. All of the restaurants and shopping are nice obviously, as well as the themed pavilions. The smaller entertainment offerings need to be increased everywhere in WDW, and this is a great place for some of them. They add a degree of energy to the areas, as well as increase the variety of experiences. Beyond shopping, eating and some of the static artifacts, this creates more of a dynamic cultural experience which is great.
Reminds me of DTD - entertainment all over now.

wannabeBelle

New acapella group starts tomorrow called American Music Machine. They'll perform in American Gardens Theatre Wednesday-Saturday. It'll be a mix of pop, soul and R&B.

12:00, 12:45, 1:40, 2:20, 3:00 and 3:45.

Voices of Liberty will perform at the theatre on Monday and Tuesday and in the Rotunda on Sunday and Wednesday-Saturday.
Thanks for the great news Bolt!! I look forward to seeing them soon! Marie

betty rose

Thanks for the great news Bolt!! I look forward to seeing them soon! Marie
I wish Disney would come up with a rotation, for entertainment, bring back off Kilter, and the other band, by Crown and Pub, and rotate them, probably not economically possible for the bands, but it would be fun for the guests...have our own headliners, so to speak...like they do on cruise ships...Just a thought...

RSoxNo1

When the entertainment changes started coming down at the end of last year, people were very upset. That was a simpler time... before the Frozen to Norway announcement. Things have changed, and aside from what's going on in Canada I'd say that entertainment offerings in World Showcase are better than they were 8 months ago.

gmajew

Premium Member
When the entertainment changes started coming down at the end of last year, people were very upset. That was a simpler time... before the Frozen to Norway announcement. Things have changed, and aside from what's going on in Canada I'd say that entertainment offerings in World Showcase are better than they were 8 months ago.

I am glad they are adding things remember the outrage everyone had when they started removing acts. As much as people love the old acts just like stage shows they need to be changed.

wannabeBelle

Sometimes, yes, sometimes no. Change for the sake of change is not always a good thing. Some changes are good and refresh an area that needed it. I thought the Frozen additions to the Studio last summer was abso-freakin'-lutely BRILLIANT!!! It breathed life into the Studios which desperately needed some love and brought the crowds in by the boatload!!! I was actually there and went on the second day after the Frozen events were put into place and I haven't seen those kinds of crowds outside of New Year's Eve. Some changes are OK such as the Flag guys in Italy. I was pleasantly surprised at the beauty & grace in that show and would return to see it again. The Paul McKenna group in the UK is just wonderful, the only critique I have is I'd like to see some kind of amplification either a mike stand or hidden to amplify the lovely vocals and heavenly music. The ambient noise in that area can drown them out without it. Off Kilter was an act that already had a fan base and was a great anchor for that side of the lagoon. To many OK fans, they were as much a part of Disney as any of the iconic things one usually associates with a trip to Disney. It could be a favorite ride, a certain area of the parks such as by Cinderella's Castle etc. Many people did make it a point to plan to catch a set or three when they were down. Some things when changed lose that special appeal and leave a sour taste, which is what many of us are dealing with now. To have an act that is so amateurish be on the same stage as such an accomplished group of musicians and dedicated cast members ( Jamie, the bagpiper is a Legacy Cast member) is insulting. I'd love to see Off Kilter back and have great music in that corner of World Showcase again, They are part of what makes Disney "home" for me. Im sure we can all think of changes that have been done that we didn't agree with. Only time will tell if they are successful or not. I just hope that if this change isn't, that it can be reversed to bring back a beloved act. It has been done before, as Disney has listened to their fans and brought back Yee Ha Bob at Port Orleans Riverside after a change was made there. He is one of the more popular acts in Disney. The Hoop De Doo dinner show has been running for decades with virtually the same show and there is no sign of this going anywhere. I hope it doesn't, I happen to love that one!!! I do look forward to seeing some of the newer acts, but would love to have some of the tried and true favorites back as well. Marie

COProgressFan

New acapella group starts tomorrow called American Music Machine. They'll perform in American Gardens Theatre Wednesday-Saturday. It'll be a mix of pop, soul and R&B.

Voices of Liberty will perform at the theatre on Monday and Tuesday and in the Rotunda on Sunday and Wednesday-Saturday.

WOW! So excited to hear this. This group sounds a lot like American Vybe, which ran in the 2000's (and 90s?) and was a jazzier, more r&b modern take on Voices of Liberty.

I have to say between this and the additions at Mexico, I am pleasantly surprised. I wish we could still have the Fife and Drum Corps, but I welcome this addition.

Hopefully they'll resolve the Canada debacle as soon as their contract is up.

wannabeBelle

Always great to see talent from all over the property being showcased. Sounds like a great addition and I am excited for it. Any videos are certainly welcome!!! Marie

ToTBellHop

Wonderful. Love a capella. With the exception of some saw act, I've been quite impressed with the Epcot entertainment updates in the last year. How much longer are the Lumberjacks on contract? Hopefully it was just a one-year deal.

wannabeBelle

Wonderful. Love a capella. With the exception of some saw act, I've been quite impressed with the Epcot entertainment updates in the last year. How much longer are the Lumberjacks on contract? Hopefully it was just a one-year deal.
This was my understanding. Hopefully in September we will see the addition ( or return of) some great entertainment on the Saw Mill Stage!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom