Quiet pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort to close in April for major refurbishment

Jon81uk

I'm assuming in a year or so then the quiet pool at Wilderness Lodge will be similar. As the plans with the expansion showed some kind of new bar/grill coming to the WL quiet pool as part of the cabin DVC expansion

BoarderPhreak

The new pool area is looking really, really nice. The structures look a little less "authentic" than I might've hoped but clearly they're built to last and be relatively maintenance-free, especially when it comes to hurricanes.

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Feb. 23. Twelve days after my last photo update, the Polynesian Village Resort Oasis Quiet Pool is still not open. Concrete work is still being done and final touches on the main building/snack bar remain. I still think it will be ready before spring break.

IMG_7411.JPG

IMG_7412.JPG

IMG_7410.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, March 3. The Oasis quiet pool is still not open yet, however the outdoor furniture has been delivered. The same brown lounge chairs as over at the feature pool are here also, but there are quite a few of the new orange cushion chairs. These are a real upgrade in comfort. The below two photos is the view at the Oasis bar and grill entrance, with all the new cushioned chairs and tables. The new quiet pool area looks to be a nice "hangout."

IMG_7475.JPG

IMG_7476.JPG

The new cushioned chairs are also featured under the three pavilions across the pool.

IMG_7477.JPG

Here's one reason the Oasis is probably not open yet. They are taking out a section of concrete near the end of the bar and will have to re-pour this section.

IMG_7479.JPG

I also noticed these "new" benches around the property, in various places, that weren't there a few weeks ago.

IMG_7474.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom