PHOTOS - New meet and greet area constructed at the Japan Pavilion to celebrate Japanese youth

Launchpad McQuack

I can't see it being anymore of a problem than drunk men hitting on Disney princesses or say Mary Poppins. If a man wants to try and "mack on some girl" they're going to do it (especially under the influence of alcohol). Not saying it's OK for them to do that, I'm just pointing this out because as a fellow man, I know how they think.

I think it may depend on if they are M&G characters or walk-around characters. A drunk person might not stand around, waiting in line for 20 minutes just to hit on the petite Japanese girl, but if she was walking around the pavilion sans wranglers or "security" of some sort, then he might try to make his move.

NMBC1993

I think it may depend on if they are M&G characters or walk-around characters. A drunk person might not stand around, waiting in line for 20 minutes just to hit on the petite Japanese girl, but if she was walking around the pavilion sans wranglers or "security" of some sort, then he might try to make his move.

First of all, I can't see any form of entertainment at WDW not having some sort of "supervisor" around somewhere, even if it is just someone standing in the distance observing everything while keeping the girls in a general area. I highly doubt these girls will have the freedom to walk around ANYWHERE they want in the pavilion. Even in Disneyland where they have actual "walk-around characters" there's still someone around to keep an eye on them and they're usually in one area. Also as I stated in my other post, with all the "selfie" fanatics out there the girls are going to have some sort of line eventually.

Finally, since the girls will be walking around, what's stopping them from making up some excuse as to why they have to go and just walk away towards another area (or let management know about the guest in general).

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Mar 10. To help forum members visualize the location of this new Katsura Grill seating area (what it appears to be for now), the following photos should help. The new seating area is behind the tower building and behind the quick service stand on the main promenade, at the top of these stairs.

IMG_4995.JPG

IMG_4996.JPG

Looking back towards the tower from the new seating area.

IMG_4997.JPG

The new seating area proximity to Katsura Grill quick service.

IMG_4998.JPG

Most of the original water feature still exists. I believe one side of the waterfall is dry now, forming a rock garden at the back of a large table for 6-8 people (see above photo extreme left).

IMG_4999.JPG

ABQ

Ah, thanks for the awesome visual explanation of where this was and confirming a fear that is has impacted the water feature. Boo, hiss.

NMBC1993

Ok, glad that I've now seen everything in proportion. It looks nice, the added seated is welcomed although it is too bad about the water feature. It's a trade off I suppose.

MickeyPeace

If Frau Hagan is going to be in Germany, then count me there!!!! Lets hope she performs Nun Sex Monk Rock live!

I am so with you. I actually saw her perform in NYC back in the day. And she was awesome but....a punk goddess with her mohawked "fiancé" sitting on stage with his arms crossed giving dirty looks to anyone who may touch his future wife.

If Disney incorporates Harajuku girls into Japan, they MUST have (an old, lol) Nina Hagen play or wander Germany.

If this happens, I can book the rest of the countries around World Showcase. England, hmmm lets see.....

Matt_Black

I'd rather have a Benny Hill Chase going on...
3966143_o.gif

In theory, I agree, though there's no way they could make it look right in real life. Without the cuts and sped-up frame rates, it's just people moving about with wacky music.

Also, every Benny Hill chase has at least one woman getting accidentally stripped to her undergarments, and that AIN'T gonna happen in WDW.

ILOVEDISNEY

Same thought here. The idea seemed odd at first, but then it grew on me. Having people in stylized versions of native dress wandering around a country pavilion could really add to the atmosphere. But sticking them in a M&G corral doesn't do that. Plus I imagine a lot of conversations between parents and children along the lines of "I don't know what movie they are from, either."

Frozenzilla!

MickeyPeace

If they're going to broach on risqué and niche, then why not let Babymetal perform in the pavilion?

I've seen their videos on YouTube couple years ago. Lol sign them up for wine and dine if Harajuku girls hit Japan. Might as well sign up Gwen Stefani for wine and dine since she used to pimp the Harajuku girls on her tours and she's now a has been...er... star from the past.

ABQ

Found myself wondering whatever happened to this new meet and greet when reading about the updated to the Japan pavilion gallery.
They built out the new space but are they using it at all yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom