Stitch's Great Escape closing for 2 day refurbishment in March

ChesterKiwi

Also, the attraction wasn't in that bad of shape as everyone puts it.... The colors throughout the attraction are quite awesome. The only issue I saw was that advanced AA that talks to us in the pre-show, his left arm was spazzing.
I went last week, and the preshow audio was having extreme glitch atta-a-a-a-a-ack-s-s-s-s. Plus, the scanners were popping up all throughout. I counted four that popped up when the "bouncing" portion started.

betty rose

There aren't many attractions that I truly dislike at WDW, Stitch is one of them though. The other is Captain Eo.

Most things I can still appreciate even if I don't really like it, not these two. I'd be very happy if they were replaced.
Agree!

betty rose

I apologize, I really have nothing against MJ and I love the style of the film but there is something about it that I don't care for. The dagger was unintended.
I didn't mean to offend either, a little too loud for my taste. I'm glad that you enjoy it!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I went last week, and the preshow audio was having extreme glitch atta-a-a-a-a-ack-s-s-s-s. Plus, the scanners were popping up all throughout. I counted four that popped up when the "bouncing" portion started.

Huh. Well everything was fine but the robot's arm on valentines weekend. So maybe its all recent, hence the sudden 2 day refurbishment. Just some computer glitches they need to fix.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Bring back Mission to Mars.
200.gif

Skippy

Bring back Mission to Mars.

Nah, bring back Flight to the Moon!

(Apparently Wikipedia does not acknowledge Flight to the Moon in WDW, only Disneyland.. if someone has accurate dates on opening/closures they should correct that omission)

Last edited:

The Rocketeer

I can deal with hating SGE, but as a huge Michael Jackson fan you've stabbed a dagger into my heart by saying you hate EO.

:cry:
I am also a huge MJ fan and I love the attraction soley because of him. I'm not seeing it because of Angelica Houston as the supreme leader... If it was my choice I would keep it. I liked HISTA as well, but both are dated. I don't care though I still love it.

betty rose

I am also a huge MJ fan and I love the attraction soley because of him. I'm not seeing it because of Angelica Houston as the supreme leader... If it was my choice I would keep it. I liked HISTA as well, but both are dated. I don't care though I still love it.
It's nice that Disney tries to provide something for everybody's enjoyment. When you do go to see it, enjoy!:)

ChesterKiwi

HISTA fits leagues more thematically, but I'll take Michael Jackson for as long as I can.

My mother told me last night that she indeed likes SGE. Haha!

The Rocketeer

WRONG!

Nostalgia factor keeps me from disliking SGE! Muahahaha!
Lilo & Stitch came out when I was 4. I remember seeing it and falling in love with it. I don't hate SGE, I like it for what it is and that's a show for kids. I love the preshow areas and I love the technology in the attraction. What I don't like about it is the story, it needs something more to it and more explaining. I don't like the chili dog burp and I don't like him spitting. Now that I've seen footage of ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter I think the one thing that makes the difference is indeed the backstory. XS-Tech seemed very sneaky and menacing and intriguing. The Galatic Federation is just a giant police force that thinks Stitch is dangerous and is against Skippy jaywalking between the moons of Jupiter. TBH I don't know Alien encounter would be recieved well by everyone if it came back. I would like it to return, but I'm all for a new show there too. If you love SGE then respect to you Man.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom