Night Of Joy 2015 Lineup

Nick Wilde

Original Poster
Umm, sorry to disappoint, but if you are going to Universal Studios Orlando on the 12th, you are not avoiding. They do the same thing on the 11th and 12th, and usually market it a little more toward the rock side on purpose (targeting teenagers more as usual). Their event is called "Rock the Universe," and is marketed as being from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. with a "Youth Leader Lounge" for youth leaders to get a respite from the groups they are chaperoning.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Events/Rock-The-Universe/Event-Info.aspx

And as @Nick Wilde has noted for himself, and as I posted above, it seemed nice and manageable from a guest standpoint when I went two years ago. I am sure there were some problems in the background, but overall I found the crowds (yes, even in the Space Mountain and Big Thunder switchbacks) to be fun and positive. They were mostly high-fiving one another and laughing and smiling, but yes mostly youth groups and their leaders.
Ah, yes I completely forgot about RTU. I think RTU would probably be worse, (if you believe teenagers=bad) as noted, since they usually lean more towards alternative genres, like Andy Mineo, FF5 or Red, which wouldn't attract many adults. I think the "rowdy behavior" many people were reporting was the fact that there was no shame, from anyone. The atmosphere made it feel like you could turn and say "What's up?" to the person next to you without any awkwardness at all, which is very unusual and most would find it very uncomfortable. People like to live in their own little bubble and avoid human interaction, which I think is sad, IMO.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Umm, sorry to disappoint, but if you are going to Universal Studios Orlando on the 12th, you are not avoiding. They do the same thing on the 11th and 12th, and usually market it a little more toward the rock side on purpose (targeting teenagers more as usual). Their event is called "Rock the Universe," and is marketed as "Florida's biggest Christian music festival." It is advertised as being from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. with a "Youth Leader Lounge" for youth leaders to get a respite from the groups they are chaperoning.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Events/Rock-The-Universe/Event-Info.aspx

And as @Nick Wilde has noted for himself, and as I posted above, it seemed nice and manageable from a guest standpoint when I went two years ago. I am sure there were some problems in the background, but overall I found the crowds (yes, even in the Space Mountain and Big Thunder switchbacks) to be fun and positive. They were mostly high-fiving one another and laughing and smiling, but yes mostly youth groups and their leaders.

I'm no longer going to USO on the 12th. Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably do Epcot on the 12th. Is there anything that sounds horrible happening there? lol

prberk

I'm no longer going to USO on the 12th. Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably do Epcot on the 12th. Is there anything that sounds horrible happening there? lol

Lol.
That was going to be my suggestion if you still wanted to avoid it. That or Daytona.

At least the Drunk Tank, uh, er, the Food and Wine Festival, will not have started yet. Lol. Hope you have a good time, no matter where you go.

EUmickey

Didn't see a 2016 topic so: Does anyone expect the 2016 version to sell out at all? With the move to the ESPN complex there is more space I reckon so it shouldn't sell out at all, correct?? Any inside?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom