Night Of Joy 2015 Lineup

MaxsDad

Ok. We can manage that, it doesn't sound too bad compared to something like New Year's or Christmas. I'm super excited! Thanks for your help.

Yea, it is no where near that crowded when it is sold out. Both nights sold out last year and it was manageable.

MaxsDad

BUUUUTTTT i wouldnt think that all rides will be open

and you would be right. One of the most disappointing closures to me personally is Jungle Cruise. Others include Tiki room, Hall of Presidents, Monsters Inc (sadly).

One of the frustrations as a guest is when rides that are supposed to be open, are closed for long periods. I suspect guest impact this.

GymLeaderPhil

Once? I doubt they would completely remove all trashcans because of one isolated incident.
They remove pretty much anything that is freestanding and not bolted down for Night of Joy and Grad Nights at DLR like this now for safety.

It is by far the worst time to be working at the park followed by New Year's Eve after they give out all the noise makers.

Grad Nights, at least in my experience, was pleasant as they used a TSA-style entrance complete with clear bags for belongings only and a pat down. This was coupled with School specific punishment for trouble. With Night of Joy, you have no repercussions (short of divine intervention) and the ratio of child to adult is a lot larger.

And the reason why many of the park attractions close is also safety related.

Nick Wilde

Original Poster
So happy I decided to go to USO on the 12th. This sounds a nightmare.
It really isn't. I've been twice, and didn't see any of the "horrible things" that some people claim. And most of the people giving it a bad rep are like you, they've never been, but they heard from someone on here that it's bad, and they just accept it and pass it on. I really still haven't heard any examples of bad behavior.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It really isn't. I've been twice, and didn't see any of the "horrible things" that some people claim. And most of the people giving it a bad rep are like you, they've never been, but they heard from someone on here that it's bad, and they just accept it and pass it on. I really still haven't heard any examples of bad behavior.
Unsupervised teens = bad behavior. I don't need specific examples to know I'm better off avoiding.

Nick Wilde

Original Poster
Unsupervised teens = bad behavior. I don't need specific examples to know I'm better off avoiding.
Most of them are supervised, but as stated before, they aren't required to be supervised which makes a few bad apple groups which casts a bad light on everyone going. During the day, there's not near as many unsupervised groups, but during the event, yes, of course there's going to be some trouble. I just hate that people take those few examples and say that everyone going to the event is "brain-dead".

prberk

So happy I decided to go to USO on the 12th. This sounds a nightmare.

Umm, sorry to disappoint, but if you are going to Universal Studios Orlando on the 12th, you are not avoiding. They do the same thing on the 11th and 12th, and usually market it a little more toward the rock side on purpose (targeting teenagers more as usual). Their event is called "Rock the Universe," and is marketed as "Florida's biggest Christian music festival." It is advertised as being from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. with a "Youth Leader Lounge" for youth leaders to get a respite from the groups they are chaperoning.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Events/Rock-The-Universe/Event-Info.aspx

And as @Nick Wilde has noted for himself, and as I posted above, it seemed nice and manageable from a guest standpoint when I went two years ago. I am sure there were some problems in the background, but overall I found the crowds (yes, even in the Space Mountain and Big Thunder switchbacks) to be fun and positive. They were mostly high-fiving one another and laughing and smiling, but yes mostly youth groups and their leaders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom