Frozen Summer Fun 2015

Biff215

That remains to be seen. Star Wars fireworks were originally scheduled for 9:45, but after the first weekend this year they got moved up to 9:30. By overlapping the first Fantasmic with the fireworks, they immensely relieved pressure on Fantasmic and therefore both showings have been crowded, but neither showing for the night has hit capacity during SWW. It seems the same plan is in effect for most of Frozen Summer Fun (2 Fantasmics at 9:00 and 10:30; Frozen Fireworks at 9:30).

When the end of August rolls around and the park instead closes at 9:30 with only one Fantasmic scheduled for 8:30, it'll just become a question of whether or not they add a second Fantasmic for those nights (not out of the question) and whether or not they continue to try to disperse crowds by having Fantasmic and fireworks overlap.

Any update on this? Last summer, we were able to catch the 9:00 Fantamic! and the Frozen Fireworks at 9:45. It seems like 9:30 would be really tight especially with the crowd trying to get there. It almost seems like this time might make things worse? I'd be interested to hear from anyone who experiences it in the next few weeks.

FigmentsFangirl

I thought last summer the fireworks were always at 915 each night ? Crowds coming out of the first F! would choose either to leave ther park or go to the Frozen fireworks is my guess. Therefore, when leaving the park after the Frozen Fireworks, its possible to choose either F! or leave the park which in and of it self would put less pressure on the exit way ?

Speaking of exiting the park after the fireworks, how long did it take the average guest not using a Disney Transport to get back to their car, then from there to the parkinglot exit, then from there to their hotel ? Since there is a second showing of F! this entire week, did it aliviate the trafic any ?

YodaMan

Well it's only been one day of Frozen Fun so far, but I was at the fireworks last night and they were about a third as crowded as the SWW fireworks had been this year. Not hard to walk up and get a spot and much easier to leave the parking lot.

In terms of Fantasmic, the fireworks didn't end up starting until at least 9:40 but that remains to be seen if that was intentional or not.

Amy Brewer

Can't see if they are doing so or not but have the Olaf on sticks returned for the Frozen Summer Fun this year? As much as they were a pain if people had them sticking out of their bags and would end up poking you to death in a big crowd, they were handy on really really hot days to cool down and something to hold up to make your photo's look a little bit funnier!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Can't see if they are doing so or not but have the Olaf on sticks returned for the Frozen Summer Fun this year? As much as they were a pain if people had them sticking out of their bags and would end up poking you to death in a big crowd, they were handy on really really hot days to cool down and something to hold up to make your photo's look a little bit funnier!
No they didn't make it back.

Sketch105

Sadly no, I still have mine though, got like six dozen, basically every time I went to DHS last year they game me two or three. But sadly no they did not come back this year

Darn! I would've thought they'd bring out a new version or at least the same one with a "2" added to it. :D

cheezbat

I can't believe how many people are still flocking to this...

It's just a slightly updated rehash from last summers event.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
The reasons people are flocking are..

1. Not everybody went last summer and

2. Girls love Frozen and enjoy the Summer Fun stuff regardless of the quality of the attraction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom