Disney Finally Squashes Illegal Kiddie Gambling

roj2323

The company: Cameron Constructors,Inc Seems to have dabbled in a bit of everything from steel awnings to interactive exhibits. They're the guys who moved the Jaws shark and the same company that installed the tile floor in the downtown disney pin store. A lot of there work seems to be painting and concrete however.

Adam N

I'd be down for more merch if it became Space Mountain's version of Memento Mori. Who doesn't love attraction themed merch?

NoahK

I am very sad that Disney co. decided to remove the entire Tommorowland arcade. Pinball in addition to classic arcade gaming has made a huge resurgence in the past couple of years. The young and old alike are captivated by Pinball and enjoy playing the game very much, Pinball is a great way to beat the heat and escape the rain, with gameplay set from 75 cents to 1.00 or more per game it is a great moneymaker for the arcade as well.

The fact that Disney co. would abandon something fun and exciting for kids of all ages, is short sided and disappointing. How many more plush character shops do we need? How many more DVC membership tents? When a guest pays well over $100 dollars a day to enter the park, it would be nice to offer non DVC sales stands and cheaply made generic souvenirs. The Tommorowland arcade was a small piece of paradise for many of us who enjoy playing non redemption game pinball or classic arcade with our family and friends. This was a very short sided move by management, in my honest opinion.

Cesar R M

The claw chooses who will go and who will stay.

He can't be trusted with our children.
all that fuzz for these silly games of adults doing "THE CLAW" with kids?

o2pNIzF.jpg

:hilarious:

Cesar R M

Oddly enough Creative Engineering's creators of Showbiz Pizza Place offices are in Orlando..And yes the creator Aaron Fetchor of The Rock A Fire Explosion still works with his AA's he recently used the band out in Las Vegas for C-Lo greens concert as a backup band for one of his songs..

I wonder how old are these animatronics, the videos are pretty old and the guy keeps making more.
They seem to be very well maintained.

Cmdr_Crimson

I wonder how old are these animatronics, the videos are pretty old and the guy keeps making more.
They seem to be very well maintained.

From what I recall he has had backups ever since the buyout of Showbiz from Chuck E Cheese..Originally you could even have your own entire show for your home since he had a few left in their original crates...But, yeah he maintains them pretty well...You can even get him to make a custom show as well from their webstore..http://creativeengineering.bigcartel.com/

fugawe09

Just an update on this - Both houses of the Florida legislature have passed HB641 "Family Amusement Games Act", which clarifies redemption based arcade games vs illegal gambling. It is sitting on the governor's desk, with all indications it will be signed. Dave and Buster's took the lead on it with backing from WDW, Uni, and Seaworld. Only got one nay out of both houses.

It breaks games into 3 categories:
A. - Games where you can win extra lives or free plays. You cannot also earn tickets or anything of value and the bonus plays are capped at 15.
B. - Games where you can win tickets or points to exchange for merchandise. The maximum value of each ticket/point is $5.25 (in real life i think most arcades set the value at a cent or two.) The maximum wholesale value of a redemption "prize" is $525.
C. - Claw type games. The maximum wholesale value of each item is $52.50.

I have no knowledge if Disney intends to bring back redemption arcades, but it at least means D&B and Chuck E Cheese are off the hook.

jbolen2

Just an update on this - Both houses of the Florida legislature have passed HB641 "Family Amusement Games Act", which clarifies redemption based arcade games vs illegal gambling. It is sitting on the governor's desk, with all indications it will be signed. Dave and Buster's took the lead on it with backing from WDW, Uni, and Seaworld. Only got one nay out of both houses.

It breaks games into 3 categories:
A. - Games where you can win extra lives or free plays. You cannot also earn tickets or anything of value and the bonus plays are capped at 15.
B. - Games where you can win tickets or points to exchange for merchandise. The maximum value of each ticket/point is $5.25 (in real life i think most arcades set the value at a cent or two.) The maximum wholesale value of a redemption "prize" is $525.
C. - Claw type games. The maximum wholesale value of each item is $52.50.

I have no knowledge if Disney intends to bring back redemption arcades, but it at least means D&B and Chuck E Cheese are off the hook.
This is how the law should have been written when ousting the Internet cafes. From everyone I know in the industry there is no plan to add any Prize games back at Disney in the near future. They just finished selling it all off a few weeks back as a few friends of mine bought a good bit of it.

CaptainAmerica

This is how the law should have been written when ousting the Internet cafes. From everyone I know in the industry there is no plan to add any Prize games back at Disney in the near future. They just finished selling it all off a few weeks back as a few friends of mine bought a good bit of it.
What do you mean "it"? The inventory? Disney didn't own any of that stuff, it was run by a third party. Why would Disney have joined Dave and Busters lobbying to have the law changed if they didn't plan on reinstituting the games?

Diva120

:hilarious: Care to elaborate just a little?

Well, on a different forum, I expressed my unease towards another post about how Disney Cruise Line should go "all inclusive" by adding alcohol to the food and beverage. I simply stated that it's not the place to be drunk....sloppy drunk that makes picking up children from the kids club difficult (an experience that I personally went through on a cruise). Anyway, I still don't think alcohol should be a feature at Disney, call me old fashioned. Needless to say, I got some negative and uncalled for posts in response and just emailed the admin to remove my account.

jbolen2

What do you mean "it"? The inventory? Disney didn't own any of that stuff, it was run by a third party. Why would Disney have joined Dave and Busters lobbying to have the law changed if they didn't plan on reinstituting the games?

Not all of the equipment was owned by an outside vendor, a good bit of it was owned and operated by disney. I didn't say they would never reinstall it but rather it won't go right back in to all locations. The way it all played out was probably for the best as most of the equipment needed replaced/rotated and when it goes back will be fresh.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Original Poster
Well, on a different forum, I expressed my unease towards another post about how Disney Cruise Line should go "all inclusive" by adding alcohol to the food and beverage. I simply stated that it's not the place to be drunk....sloppy drunk that makes picking up children from the kids club difficult (an experience that I personally went through on a cruise). Anyway, I still don't think alcohol should be a feature at Disney, call me old fashioned. Needless to say, I got some negative and uncalled for posts in response and just emailed the admin to remove my account.
So, because someone disagreed with you, you are packing up your toys and going home?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom