STK Orlando opening at Disney Springs in 2016

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 25. Construction walls are removed in advance of opening. Given the crowds that walk right by this restaurant, I'm not sure I would want to sit out here....without a fence or planter box divider. (Think of small children that will want to walk up to your table, or others who just want to see what the food is like.)

IMG_7944.JPG

JohnWD

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 25. Construction walls are removed in advance of opening. Given the crowds that walk right by this restaurant, I'm not sure I would want to sit out here....without a fence or planter box divider. (Think of small children that will want to walk up to your table, or others who just want to see what the food is like.)

View attachment 143497
I think you misunderstand today's culture - they glory in their own limelight! :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

View attachment 143497
I would not worry too much. People at WDW tend to be incredibly respectful of your personal space and mindful of their children.;)

halltd

Wow! The food looks super yummy! The outdoor patio overlooking the springs and the one inside the turret also look really cool. The interior looks pretty fancy as well, but those massive black speakers on that white wall? Ouch! I love the round booths, and they remind me of Morimotto. That must be the new "thing".

I agree with @WDWtraveler about the outdoor dining facing The Edison, though. That seems really exposed. Maybe there's an element that just hasn't arrived yet?

Next Big Thing

I agree with @WDWtraveler about the outdoor dining facing The Edison, though. That seems really exposed. Maybe there's an element that just hasn't arrived yet?
I think a small "separation fence" may be in order. Right now it looks and would probably feel very awkward to dine with thousands of tourists passing as you eat. Something like this fence would go a long way:

DSC00199.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So the dress code for reserved dining requires for men as a minimum slacks, shoes, and a button down shirt? Otherwise, no seating? Not only would the food be expensive, I would also have to buy the clothes!! Of course Disney has a place for that now too. :)
it is like anywhere else at Disney, you will see guests in park wear. But like say Cali Grill, you are going to be better off to dress appropriately.

cindy_k

I think a small "separation fence" may be in order. Right now it looks and would probably feel very awkward to dine with thousands of tourists passing as you eat. Something like this fence would go a long way:

It looks like in this picture they are temporarily using plants for that separation:
STK-Orlando_Full_27976.jpg

Jon81uk

If STK is accepting the dining plan (as a signature) its possibly not the best use of the plan as it would only get you the meat, you need to add sides and sauces at extra cost. Whereas at Cali Grill and similar the entree includes a vegetable/potato on the plate so less of a need to purchase extra sides. But then I guess you could look at it that for $10-20 on sides you are getting a much better quality of steak compared to a Disney owned signature.

Jon81uk

With over 40 dining and snack locations will there be enough people to support them all?

I do wonder if Paddlefish and Boathouse will compete too much on the fish side and then Boathouse and STK are competing for the steak market. Hopefully they are different enough from each other...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom