Character Change-Up at Animal Kingdom

RSoxNo1

Can we talk about how every park should have a flexible meet and greet space with The Animation Gallery being the best spot for it? Have 5-10 dedicated rooms so that the ridiculousness of the Anna and Elsa phenomenon doesn't happen again. Then, if there's no super high demand character you can cycle back in some old favorites when you see a loin cloth lying around. Put them out of the way so they're not taking up primo real estate (looking at you Fairytale Hall), and you can satisfy both the guests that want to see characters and those that don't.

LL2WDW

Or you could see you are being offered smaller and smaller entertainment options with constantly increasing prices in nearly every aspect of the resort and say hey something isn't adding up. But I guess complaining about legitimate criticism is more fun.

My post was about this small entertainment change at DAK, not the larger resort as a whole. DAK replaced one character for another (a much better character in my opinion...sorry, Daisy). This is not "smaller and smaller entertainment options".

So, complaining for the sake of complaining.

Cmdr_Crimson

I feel like if they had Jane or Terk with him that maybe there wouldn't be as many problems since there be another character to lighten things up and take some of the attention/pressure off of the practically naked Tarzan...

When I was there a few weeks ago they had Terk out at the Front Gate with Timon later in the afternoon..

YodaMan

I'd wager its since Daisy is good with a bathroom break and then heads right back out, Tarzan needs a good 30-40 minutes before he normally heads back out, those dreads are a pain to keep looking nice....

Not 100% certain with Daisy, but more often than not they will have two performers for fur characters (one works :00 to :30 with a break from :30 to :00, and the other works :30 to :00 with a break from :00 to :30). With something like Tarzan, they'd just have the one character performer. So they essentially replaced two fur performers with one face performer.

dreamfinder

Not 100% certain with Daisy, but more often than not they will have two performers for fur characters (one works :00 to :30 with a break from :30 to :00, and the other works :30 to :00 with a break from :00 to :30). With something like Tarzan, they'd just have the one character performer. So they essentially replaced two fur performers with one face performer.

Which is what I was saying without breaking the magic for those who didn't know......

Sped2424

My post was about this small entertainment change at DAK, not the larger resort as a whole. DAK replaced one character for another (a much better character in my opinion...sorry, Daisy). This is not "smaller and smaller entertainment options".

So, complaining for the sake of complaining.[/QUOTE
Once again though, you'd think they could afford to keep Daisy and also have Jane or Terk or multiple other characters that have been cut from DAK over the years. Especially since they no longer have a parade...

The post you first commented on^
Sounds like it's legitimate criticism as I said. Whether you want to admit it to yourself or not entertainment is being cut at WDW epcot, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. Yet prices are getting higher.

berlioz70

Previously... Daisy met consistently, whereas Poca once had breaks. Now... Poca is meeting consistently and Tarzan has breaks.

Also, I know it's been mentioned that Daisy is only at Tusker House, but she was at the Dance Party yesterday. Never a guarantee, but perhaps we'll see her there more frequently.

doctornick

Same. I just hated the theater space. Thank goodness for AC now.

Although, I think they could have found a way to keep both shows..

Well, they build a new theater for Tarzan near the FOLTK theater. I mean, it is the Harambe theater district, no?

(That said, I'd rather see a new ride over there as opposed to another show.)

asianway

Previously... Daisy met consistently, whereas Poca once had breaks. Now... Poca is meeting consistently and Tarzan has breaks.

Also, I know it's been mentioned that Daisy is only at Tusker House, but she was at the Dance Party yesterday. Never a guarantee, but perhaps we'll see her there more frequently.
Nice. People need to temper their expectations. WDW already spends more on meet and greets than any other resort. A few changes for the positive need to be commended.

And as for the parade, to me that's separate. It's not, kill the parade let's overspend more on meet and greets. They're doing the dance party thing-that isn't enough for sure. But let's stop diverting more and more of entertainments budget to meet and greet

Kman101

Considering the sparse amount/variety of characters, IMO, I'm not quite sure how they spend so much on characters (not arguing, just genuinely curious how they seem to apparently waste so much money on them). Is it because fur characters require several people to do them? The parade characters, meet and greet characters, dance party characters, meals with characters (for all the listed, fur and face) ... and the multiple rooms to meet Mickey/etc.? I'd like to understand a bit more how it actually all works.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Considering that the Magic Kingdom alone is the most visited theme park in the world for 5 years running now, the attendance to character meet spending can't be THAT disproportionate.

asianway

Considering that the Magic Kingdom alone is the most visited theme park in the world for 5 years running now, the attendance to character meet spending can't be THAT disproportionate.
Tokyo counts first click in their stats and they're in the annual report for OLC so verified. THEA uses all clicks in their estimates so Tokyo and MK are closer than you would think. Go pull up a Tokyo entertainment schedule. Mickeys House is it. Everything else is random a few characters a few times a day in each land. There's no such thing as Pluto at the flagpole continuous for 6 hours. They usually have 4 parades a day though- that's how they spend the budget

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Tokyo counts first click in their stats and they're in the annual report for OLC so verified. THEA uses all clicks in their estimates so Tokyo and MK are closer than you would think. Go pull up a Tokyo entertainment schedule. Mickeys House is it. Everything else is random a few characters a few times a day in each land. There's no such thing as Pluto at the flagpole continuous for 6 hours. They usually have 4 parades a day though- that's how they spend the budget

Which doesn't mean anything without hard attendance figures and, using the precise terms you used, actual money spent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom