Big Thunder Mountain closing for short refurbishment in March

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Lighting and smoke machines.

But, yeah, extremely impressive. BTMRR was down when I went to Disneyland...but, like almost everything else there, I'm not shocked to see they have a more immersive and interesting version than WDW. What a shocker. :p
I hope they do not add this to MK as they would not keep the fog machines filled thereby ruining the effect.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I hope they do not add this to MK as they would not keep the fog machines filled thereby ruining the effect.
Well, that's only because the smoke machines are mounted in such a way that they can't be easily maintained...not unlike everyone's favorite Yeti.

Mike S

Lighting and smoke machines.

But, yeah, extremely impressive. BTMRR was down when I went to Disneyland...but, like almost everything else there, I'm not shocked to see they have a more immersive and interesting version than WDW. What a shocker. :p
Emphasis on "almost everything." After my trip there are some rides where I feel the WDW version beats the DL version. The two best examples would be HM and ToT.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm also not sure what to make of DLs Pooh ride. I should also note, that the DL Mr. Toads really makes me wish the MK version still existed.
Yeah. It was so great to ride Toad's again. I wish they'd found a new place for it to live at WDW...

I don't like either Pooh ride very much...and don't see either as superior.

Mike S

I didn't get to ride Pooh since it was closed but another ride that was better at WDW was SWSA. Fully agree on Toad. Riding made me want it back in MK.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I know, I know. Let your anger out. I felt a bit of that too.
emperor-mickey-darth-vader-disney-star-wars-memes1.jpg

lnsemsf

Following up on this refurb, I'm wondering if this is adding video cameras to the attraction. Space Mountain is currently in a 4 day refurb right now as well which could be for the same thing.

Space Mountain is currently listed as open with a 45 minute wait time.

180º

I'm also not sure what to make of DLs Pooh ride. I should also note, that the DL Mr. Toads really makes me wish the MK version still existed.
And the MK Country Bear Jamboree makes me wish the DL version still existed.

I love Pooh, but he sure knows how to take a Pooh on my favorite attractions.*
*so sorry/betcha never heard that one before

WDWFantasmicFan

Following up on this refurb, I'm wondering if this is adding video cameras to the attraction. Space Mountain is currently in a 4 day refurb right now as well which could be for the same thing.
That would make sense - the 7DMT ride video seem to have been rather successful. Although I didn't see a permit filed for WD Imaging for BTMRR...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom