Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Alright, this is the first time I've seen this particular thread.

Did a simple, lightly themed gazebo take two years to build?

Why?

peter11435

Actually the whole job was about 2 years...the Gazebo is at about a year...maybe slightly less...but in no way should a gazebo take a year to build... it is all a little crazy.
It is crazy. I think much of the delay was due to changes made during the construction process. If you notice when flame tree originally reopened they had supports for the covered walkway installed on the east side of the gazebo, and then after sitting with no work for a while they were removed and the covered walkway was rebuilt on the west side. It seems work was halted for an extended period as things were redesigned and plans redrawn.

Cmdr_Crimson

200_s.gif

Nubs70

It was open when I was there on 11/22.

Now if they could do something about the dang birds. My wife, son and I were eating under a tree on the waters edge. Our desserts were nicely lined up , two chocolate mousse bookending a slice of key lime pie. A bird up in the tree fecally strafes the desserts with precision of an F-18 pilot. His buddies line up on the railing thinking we were going to throw the desserts out and offered to take them off our hands. I exchanged them for new desserts only after the CM at the counter composed herself from a fit of laughter.

Jon81uk

It was open when I was there on 11/22.

Now if they could do something about the dang birds. My wife, son and I were eating under a tree on the waters edge. Our desserts were nicely lined up , two chocolate mousse bookending a slice of key lime pie. A bird up in the tree fecally strafes the desserts with precision of an F-18 pilot. His buddies line up on the railing thinking we were going to throw the desserts out and offered to take them off our hands. I exchanged them for new desserts only after the CM at the counter composed herself from a fit of laughter.

If other guests had stopped feeding the wildlife years and years ago the birds would never be as tame and wanting for food.

Goofyque'

If other guests had stopped feeding the wildlife years and years ago the birds would never be as tame and wanting for food.
I was going to say the same thing! CMs used to beg guests to stop feeding the birds, and guests would become angry, sometimes reporting the CM. As a result, the birds are now conditioned to come for food. Guests need to realize there is usually a reason for a request, even if you can't understand why.

SteveBrown

We just ate there after Thanksgiving and it was still difficult to find a spot for a party of 7... thankfully a CM pointed out the new seating to use and we were able to find two tables side-by-side that we used...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom