Disney's Hollywood Studios 'Frozen Holiday Premium Package' now available to book

dreamfinder

I don't want to (again) tell you I told you so, but I did see this coming.

They aren't closed to being done, either.

Welcome to the new class warfare way of visiting WDW.

While I hate to say this for fear of encouraging them, I don't see a huge problem with paying for a meaningful cost appropriate upgrade. $29 for a Wishes dessert party with reserved seating, not terrible although I'd rather see it at $19. Offering things in that price range, I can live with. The $5-10 profit they make (or at least used to make, not sure what it is up to now) for Candlelight package over food alone, ok I can live with that. But $90 for a FP+ for a show, a table of desserts and "reserved access" to something that doesn't need it is just plain goofy. Doesn't matter if it includes a lithograph with an MSRP of $19.95, the dang thing only costs em 30 cents to make. Give me value for me money, and I will gladly spend it. But value isn't something they seem to be pushing with these latest mark ups.

Shadowgate

Wow, this is very lame. More expensive than the Summer event without the best thing about the Summer event.... the special fireworks, IMHO. I was very jealous of those at the Summer event as the fireworks sound like they were very much like the old firework show they used to do over the theater which were truly awesome and set to great movie music. Keep praying the hat will get moved and they will add those fireworks back in.

BrerJon

Wow, this is very lame. More expensive than the Summer event without the best thing about the Summer event.... the special fireworks, IMHO. I was very jealous of those at the Summer event as the fireworks sound like they were very much like the old firework show they used to do over the theater which were truly awesome and set to great movie music. Keep praying the hat will get moved and they will add those fireworks back in.

I've never understood fireworks viewing areas, what with them being in the sky and everything (and the best viewing area in MK - Fantasyland - always being empty).

The entire strategy with Fastpass+ is tricking people into thinking they need to 'reserve' space when they don't - these packages with reserved viewing space, a litho, a cupcake, and a drink, cost Disney pennies, but they can charge over $100 and people will pay, all for the experience of feeling like a VIP and being 'all inclusive'.

Yes, you can find a good spot to see the shows, or pay $5 for a cupcake and $10 for a drink, but like the DDP, many guests prefer to have that all sorted for them and don't mind paying the extra.

And if this sells, the 'lithograph' thing will be everywhere. It's a clever move - they cost nothing to make (it's just a printout!), but all you need to do is sell them in the stores for $50, then give them away 'free' with your upcharge ticket and people will feel like they're getting a bargain.

Mike S

I've never understood fireworks viewing areas, what with them being in the sky and everything (and the best viewing area in MK - Fantasyland - always being empty).

The entire strategy with Fastpass+ is tricking people into thinking they need to 'reserve' space when they don't - these packages with reserved viewing space, a litho, a cupcake, and a drink, cost Disney pennies, but they can charge over $100 and people will pay, all for the experience of feeling like a VIP and being 'all inclusive'.

Yes, you can find a good spot to see the shows, or pay $5 for a cupcake and $10 for a drink, but like the DDP, many guests prefer to have that all sorted for them and don't mind paying the extra.

And if this sells, the 'lithograph' thing will be everywhere. It's a clever move - they cost nothing to make (it's just a printout!), but all you need to do is sell them in the stores for $50, then give them away 'free' with your upcharge ticket and people will feel like they're getting a bargain.
Didn't Disney used to want all their guests to feel like VIP's at the parks? Now it's all about the upcharges.

dreamfinder

Ever buy a VHS or DVD at the Disney Store? That was their schtick for years. Pre-order the VHS before it gets released, and get a special limited edition 4 pack of lithographs. So yeah, you paid full MSRP for the movie (who ever pays $29.99 for a DVD now) but you got this great set of 4 lithographs!

BigTxEars

Sounds like a package many would enjoy. I don't see the value myself in the price but I don't have any Frozen fanatics in the family, if I did I can see the value then. I am all for Disney offering pay to play to the guest. Take it or leave it is fine with me.

BigTxEars

Didn't Disney used to want all their guests to feel like VIP's at the parks? Now it's all about the upcharges.

Like when they charged to ride each ride at the park...and the folks with more money could ride multiple times while the folks who did not have as much money could not ride as many times? You mean like that? Cause I was the kid with less money and I did not feel like a VIP....but I still was happy to be at a the park.

And who opened the parks with that system in place.....what was his name.....Walt something........

This is nothing new, been happening since the beginning. Stop acting like money driving things at Disney is something new. Remind me again why Walt created Mickey....something to do with a rabbit and a business deal Walt felt was unfair because of money.....

What could be more fair, offer a package and let the guest decide if they want to pay for it or not. Don't want it or don't feel it's a good value, don't buy it. I don't think this package is a good value myself but other very well might. Why on Earth would I care if others spent their money on this? How does it effect me at all? Why as a guest would I want less options at WDW?

Unless I was just looking for something else to bash Disney on....

BigTxEars

You actually are getting less. These ViP zones are taking away from your non vip viewing experience.

I certainly don't feel like I being impacted am but I can see your point.

Of course the same could be said for FP+ as that is altering where I can see Fantasmic from for example and since resort guest get that option earlier than non resort guest then that is tied into benifits for those who spend more. I just do not see where this is a much different business model than the first day that DL opened and it was pay to play more way back then. It just does not bother me for that reason alone.

Josheye1973

Of course the same could be said for FP+ as that is altering where I can see Fantasmic from for example and since resort guest get that option earlier than non resort guest then that is tied into benifits for those who spend more. I just do not see where this is a much different business model than the first day that DL opened and it was pay to play more way back then. It just does not bother me for that reason alone.
Your are WAY too Non-bitter and vitriolic to be posting in these (or most other) Disney forums!! I need to see your ID..........

MrsJackSparrow

Can we please just get all the sheep out of the parks? Cupcakes are not premiums, you morons. Quit paying for what everyone gets with paid admission. The Frozen Summer package was mind-boggling enough, but now this? People are enabling highway robbery. I just don't get it.

BigTxEars

Can we please just get all the sheep out of the parks? Cupcakes are not premiums, you morons. Quit paying for what everyone gets with paid admission. The Frozen Summer package was mind-boggling enough, but now this? People are enabling highway robbery. I just don't get it.

Wow, morons....because they spend their money they way they choose....why do I think if we took a look at your (or for that matter any of ours) spending habits so far this year everyone of us would have spent money on what others would consider foolish things.....heck you don't have to go thru the trouble with me just ask my wife :)

Honestly I think this is over priced myself (I do love other offers WDW has though like this) but if a family making a once in a lifetime trip to WDW wants to do this as a special memory then it's worth every penny IMO. How do you put a price tag on the memories of say a young family with a 6 year girl who loves Frozen and is making a one time trip to WDW if they do this? Who are any of us to say how much that is worth to them? I would not even pretend to try. It's none of my business and I certainly would not call them morons for doing so.

How many folks would call all of us morons for spending the amount of money we do at WDW? I would bet a lot.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Getting averse to words like "reserved", "exclusive", and "premium package" lately. I have reserved some choice and exclusively premium words for the onslaught of up-charge packages...

I'd suggest adding Portugese as it has many more 'premium words' than English and French combined, Plus it will allow you to properly salute the BTG's...

Dwarful

Wow! Sorry, but there is NO way I'd fork over that kind of money for that deal. First I thought...maybe typo. But then I reread it and saw it was indeed $90 for all the adults 9 and older. Not sure what the keepsake is...but it better be one heck of a keepsake and all the drinks better come in those wonderful glowing cups. Even then...still NO. For $400 my family could eat a lot more than cupcakes and the two adults could still drink their fill of alcohol...to be honest neither one of us are big drinkers...and the idea of getting plastered at a holiday family event is too appealing to me.

Dwarful

While I hate to say this for fear of encouraging them, I don't see a huge problem with paying for a meaningful cost appropriate upgrade. $29 for a Wishes dessert party with reserved seating, not terrible although I'd rather see it at $19. Offering things in that price range, I can live with. The $5-10 profit they make (or at least used to make, not sure what it is up to now) for Candlelight package over food alone, ok I can live with that. But $90 for a FP+ for a show, a table of desserts and "reserved access" to something that doesn't need it is just plain goofy. Doesn't matter if it includes a lithograph with an MSRP of $19.95, the dang thing only costs em 30 cents to make. Give me value for me money, and I will gladly spend it. But value isn't something they seem to be pushing with these latest mark ups.

EXACTLY....many many years ago when our girls were little bitty...we paid the $12 per person for the E-ride nights. The MK at night was practically empty, characters galore roamed freely near the castle for autographs and photo ops and the ride lines were walk on. For us...it was worth the extra $$$ for these e-ride nights...because we were able to go back to the resort during the heat of the day, take a swim, take a nap , get relaxed and refreshed then go back to MK for dinner and the eride nights. The girls were able to stay awake and enjoy it because we had time during the day to rest and recoup. This was of course in the pre-EMH's. BUT the MK was not near as crowded as the evening EMHS. Oh, how I miss those eride nights.

prberk

I think the difference is that the pay to play more was not stratospheric pricing. It was simply a ticketing system similar to most entertainment venues. More tickets did cost more money, but they were not crazy prices. Remember Walt said to leave them with a nickel in their hand (as in money to take home, not just a nickel) and they would be happy and more likely to come back. Roy was always getting after Walt for spending so much money on the parks and movies that he had to constantly find more ways to finance Walt's dreams.

I remember a story where a visiting dignitary wanted to visit Disneyland but felt like they needed to close it for him to visit. Walt would not do it, saying everyone was a special guest.

The idea, I think, is that it is useful to have cool things, and upcharges might be appropriate for some things, but this one is crazy overpriced for what you get -- and Disney seems to have a lot of those these days. Now compare that to the Disneyland Hotel "signature suites" that I saw you respond to in the other forum. Those truly are amazing. The price point may make the difference, though, as to whether it works. But the person staying there does have a truly unique experience for the upgrade.

I think most "naysayers" here remember that Disney was always a high-quality experience for everyone, even those who did not or could not afford the extras, in earlier days. You even said that you could not afford the extra tickets back in the day but still enjoyed the fact that you were in the parks. The details were there for you to see and experience, and they cared about them.

So, I think I understand you. It is OK to have extra experiences for additional price. But the main admission price is already out of sight, and these upcharges are crazy overpriced. We want to see the quality and attention to detail to match it -- some actual specials, like the reasonable e-ride nights mentioned above.

BigTxEars

I think the difference is that the pay to play more was not stratospheric pricing. It was simply a ticketing system similar to most entertainment venues. More tickets did cost more money, but they were not crazy prices. Remember Walt said to leave them with a nickel in their hand (as in money to take home, not just a nickel) and they would be happy and more likely to come back. Roy was always getting after Walt for spending so much money on the parks and movies that he had to constantly find more ways to finance Walt's dreams.

I remember a story where a visiting dignitary wanted to visit Disneyland but felt like they needed to close it for him to visit. Walt would not do it, saying everyone was a special guest.

The idea, I think, is that it is useful to have cool things, and upcharges might be appropriate for some things, but this one is crazy overpriced for what you get -- and Disney seems to have a lot of those these days. Now compare that to the Disneyland Hotel "signature suites" that I saw you respond to in the other forum. Those truly are amazing. The price point may make the difference, though, as to whether it works. But the person staying there does have a truly unique experience for the upgrade.

I think most "naysayers" here remember that Disney was always a high-quality experience for everyone, even those who did not or could not afford the extras, in earlier days. You even said that you could not afford the extra tickets back in the day but still enjoyed the fact that you were in the parks. The details were there for you to see and experience, and they cared about them.

So, I think I understand you. It is OK to have extra experiences for additional price. But the main admission price is already out of sight, and these upcharges are crazy overpriced. We want to see the quality and attention to detail to match it -- some actual specials, like the reasonable e-ride nights mentioned above.

To me it's like most things in life for sale (and that is all Disney is, a experience for sale) we all have our different beliefs on what "value" is when considering rather to buy to not. The day that I think WDW is not a value for my money I will stop going, it's that simple to me.

I agree this one is over priced, but that is to me and my family. Others feel it is worth it to them. I took loads of crap on here because I spent $70 for the wind down at Epcot this year, that was worth every penny to me. It's none of my business what folks do with their money, I don't walk by people in the store and say "your going to pay that much none for that!" :)

I bought MLB season tickets for 2015 (Go Astros!) and I paid a lower to medium price per seat compared to the "great" seats. Now I think some of those "good" seats are too high priced, but clearly others disagree with me. Who am I to criticize them for that? Yet on here some feel the need to do just that, I just don't agree with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom