Pal Mickey support to end this week

PhilharMagician

Oh well, that stinks. We still brought ours to the parks. I guess we can still play games with him at home.

I never really took off. One issue that drove us nuts was that you could never hear him if you were in a crowd and well you are always in a crowd in WDW. He just was not loud enough.

Would be nice if he could get updated tech and still keep the kids happy. My daughter loved her Pal. "Mickey".

Victaman

My wife and I really enjoyed ours. Bought him in 2006 and took him with us each trip since (07, 11, 12, 13) and would have brought him back this year in November. Actually, you know what, we might STILL bring him. HA! I like when he would be triggered by a sensor and giggle and say "Oh gosh!". I agree he needed to be a little louder though.

mp2bill

I was going to say: "Too bad you can't just pay a fee to have an RFID chip installed into the doll," but I guess nobody even tries to use them anyway...

NoelGypsy

Just wanted to let you all know that Pal Mickey STILL WORKS in the Parks. I was just there and he buzzed, welcomed you to all the lands, welcomed you and said goodbye to you at the parks, etc.
I dont know where the info that he was shut off came from but it is not true... so bring your Pal Mickeys and go to town Hall and tell them we want him hooked to our Magic Bands. I did it like 10 times when I was there!! :)

216bruce

Just wanted to let you all know that Pal Mickey STILL WORKS in the Parks. I was just there and he buzzed, welcomed you to all the lands, welcomed you and said goodbye to you at the parks, etc.
I dont know where the info that he was shut off came from but it is not true... so bring your Pal Mickeys and go to town Hall and tell them we want him hooked to our Magic Bands. I did it like 10 times when I was there!! :)
If I run with him during race weekend in a few days will he give me mileage and pacing times? Motivational sayings? Seriously, We have one and I just may take him for wandering in the parks...for old times sake.

MissM

Interesting! Thanks for the report. I considered bringing my Pal to see if any of the sensors still worked so now that I know they do, I think I'll definitely have to bring him again. :D

MKCP 1985

Coming soon: Pal Duffy.

(not really)

I hope not, anyway.

On the other hand, Pal Duffy, the official tour guide of Walt Disney World, would probably move a few more units.

Forget I said anything. :D

MissM

(not really)

I hope not, anyway.

On the other hand, Pal Duffy, the official tour guide of Walt Disney World, would probably move a few more units.

There were rumors years ago that the next version would be Pal Pooh because apparently Pooh is second to Mickey in popularity. Production though was supposedly tied up by a lawsuit between the Milne family and Disney over rights and usage.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The info came from a well placed source at Disney. If it hasn't happened already, it is just a matter of time.

EOD K9

(not really)

I hope not, anyway.

You mean you don't want a Pal Anna or Pal Elsa??

dstrawn9889

(not really)

I hope not, anyway.

nah, pal mickey is getting stuck calling everyone 'hawk' and sending them to 'the one place that you can always check the day walt died'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom