'Frozen' characters to appear during the holiday season at the Magic Kingdom

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Does Dream Along with Mickey revolve around Cinderella? Or Celebrate the Magic or Wishes? Not everything that takes place on or around the castle has to involve her.

I agree. But taking the transformation of an iconic castle with her name attached and changing it so you can capitalize on something that has been overexposed (shoved down our throats, as one previous poster says) smacks of nothing more than "let's see how far we can push the Frozen connection to increase our bottom line [and my bonus & stock options] before parents scream UNCLE". Yes, given Frozen's financial success, it deserves a place somewhere, but it's starting to take over everything. I was at DHS twice during Frozen Summer. It wasn't just at the BAH, but everywhere. It dominated that park. You don't think changing the ride in Norway isn't going to do the same in EPCOT? Why was the Frozen M&G moved to MK? Because it was impacting WS in EPCOT. And we've seen the impact of the M&G at MK (hello, return times anyone?). And when Cinderella Castle becomes Elsa Castle, what then? We all didn't think Maelstrom would become Frozen (what does Norway have to do with Arendelle), but I read it in the paper two days ago. Point is, this is the corporate mindset of Disney that many have railed against on this site - lack of imagination and adherence solely to the bottom line. One will get you to the other, you know.

FigmentsFangirl

Hopefully it will just be for this season. Then maybe the Frozen mania will die down and Cindy will get her castle back. :p
She'll need a new heating system I think.... ;)
Cindy is not in every castle show! Granted, she's been around a lot in the last decade: CSC, Cindybration, DAWM,but I can think of a number of shows she hasn't been in.

My memory may be rusty but I don't remember an uproar like this when stitch TP'ed the castle. Now that was horrid!!
I remember when Stitch went nuts. I was present for that. My mom thought it was horrid, I couldn't stop laughing.
It never was Cinderella's Castle in the past, but that's when it was treated as more of a symbolic icon and less like a Toontown house (which is why it looks nothing like it does in the movie and had a restaurant called King Stefan's Banquet Hall). There's still no gaurantee she will not be present either.

I am fine with this addition as I think it fits well with the concept.
I think it fits the concept quite nicely myself, its needed, the old show made zero sense to me. its just the Fairy Godmother lighting up the castle, big deal. Now, Ice, making the castle into ICE with just a few motions and very little fairy magic, that makes much more sense for the holiday season to me.

I also remember King Stefans Banquet Hall. Had dinner there, once.

mousehockey37

I agree with others that this is a change that actually makes sense. Ice queen and such.

HOWEVER --> After the DHS invasion and poor Norway, I'm jaded. I don't want any more Frozen. Period.

Yup, it will make perfect sense. She'll come out, freeze the castle and go back into it for the Frozen Soiree. She'll return to party guests in the parade then go back to pleasing her Frozen Soiree guests... ;)

$150/person, get those ADR reserving mouse clickers ready, LOL... I still think it's in the works...

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yup, it will make perfect sense. She'll come out, freeze the castle and go back into it for the Frozen Soiree. She'll return to party guests in the parade then go back to pleasing her Frozen Soiree guests... ;)

$150/person, get those ADR reserving mouse clickers ready, LOL... I still think it's in the works...

I have no doubt your are correct. But $150? I thought the special M&G for MNSSHP was only $99 and the added ticket to the added ticket for MVMCP would be the same price. Or was that the AP price. But then this IS Anna & Elsa.... :rolleyes:

FigmentsFangirl

I have no doubt your are correct. But $150? I thought the special M&G for MNSSHP was only $99 and the added ticket to the added ticket for MVMCP would be the same price. Or was that the AP price. But then this IS Anna & Elsa.... :rolleyes:
Unless we're talking of a singing Snowmane that loves Summer, in which case why are we talking $150 ? That's more like $300 ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Unless we're talking of a singing Snowmane that loves Summer, in which case why are we talking $150 ? That's more like $300 ;)

I sure hope the powers that be at Disney don't peruse these threads, or we just gave them an idea to make more money at MVMCP. "If you sell it, they will buy, especially if it includes Anna and Elsa, shssh, don't tell them.".

LAKid53

Premium Member
This thread just got silly :hilarious:

Well, considering how just about any discussion regarding that movie and those characters can generate some pretty lively conversation, I thought it might be time to inject some humor.

That said, I'm waiting for the announcement of a special M&G during MVMCP. And the announcement that it sold out within 15 minutes of being announced , no matter the price.

FigmentsFangirl

Well, considering how just about any discussion regarding that movie and those characters can generate some pretty lively conversation, I thought it might be time to inject some humor.

That said, I'm waiting for the announcement of a special M&G during MVMCP. And the announcement that it sold out within 15 minutes of being announced , no matter the price.
You actually made me break down laughing :) However I too look forwards to such announcement, even if its just for the holiday season, I'd love to get a M&G with Olaf {Or Oaken..... dead serious here btw}

DVCPluto

It's just crazy all the "extras" that Disney is throwing out there.

What's even crazier, is that in addition to the cost of a park ticket or special party, that guests are willing to dish out the extra cash! If everyone just stopped paying for these high priced, hard ticket events, Disney would do them for free to fill the parks.

Magenta Panther

She'll need a new heating system I think.... ;)

I remember when Stitch went nuts. I was present for that. My mom thought it was horrid, I couldn't stop laughing.

I think it fits the concept quite nicely myself, its needed, the old show made zero sense to me. its just the Fairy Godmother lighting up the castle, big deal. Now, Ice, making the castle into ICE with just a few motions and very little fairy magic, that makes much more sense for the holiday season to me.

I also remember King Stefans Banquet Hall. Had dinner there, once.

(wistfully) Was it nice?

TheRabbit

I agree. But taking the transformation of an iconic castle with her name attached and changing it so you can capitalize on something that has been overexposed (shoved down our throats, as one previous poster says) smacks of nothing more than "let's see how far we can push the Frozen connection to increase our bottom line [and my bonus & stock options] before parents scream UNCLE". Yes, given Frozen's financial success, it deserves a place somewhere, but it's starting to take over everything. I was at DHS twice during Frozen Summer. It wasn't just at the BAH, but everywhere. It dominated that park. You don't think changing the ride in Norway isn't going to do the same in EPCOT? Why was the Frozen M&G moved to MK? Because it was impacting WS in EPCOT. And we've seen the impact of the M&G at MK (hello, return times anyone?). And when Cinderella Castle becomes Elsa Castle, what then? We all didn't think Maelstrom would become Frozen (what does Norway have to do with Arendelle), but I read it in the paper two days ago. Point is, this is the corporate mindset of Disney that many have railed against on this site - lack of imagination and adherence solely to the bottom line. One will get you to the other, you know.
How about a whole FROZEN park! It could be the 5th park, Frozen everything! lol

dvitali

I would keep the orginal show with Fairy Godmother and the Castle then have Elsa appear and freeze the trees and Main Street USA
This way it can explain the lack of overhead garlands this year. And we can give Elsa credit in making it cold enough to make it snow on Main Street USA.
(Wonder how much time and COST it would be to ice Main Street)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom