New VIP series tour - The Ultimate Day at Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival

Semantics aside, there has been a shocking number of new premium or VIP experiences. And to think, through the 1990s, Disney World treated EVERYONE like a VIP, not just those willing to fork over extra money above and beyond its park ticket prices and resort hotel rates. At least you can still find VIP treatment included on a Disney Cruise.

You imply things available in the 90s have been taken away from crowds and are only given to VIP tours now. Besides a few choice viewing locations, I'm not seeing this. People in the 90s didn't have fastpass (not +). That kinda felt like free VIP to me.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
  • A champagne and appetizer welcome at the VIP Lounge in the Festival Center. - $30?
  • A ride on Test Track, Soarin', Spaceship Earth and Seas with Nemo and Friends. $0
  • A hosted beverage tasting at the VIP Lounge, followed by a 6 course tapas-style lunch with beverage pairings. -$60?
  • A backstage tour of The Land's Greenhouses. $20
  • A hosted tasting of three food and beverage pairings from the World Showcase Marketplace. $30?
  • VIP seating with champagne at the Eat to the Beat Concert in World Showcase. $30?
  • Reserved viewing location for IllumiNations. $0 (not worth money)
So honestly it's worth about 1/2 what they're charging

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Semantics aside, there has been a shocking number of new premium or VIP experiences. And to think, through the 1990s, Disney World treated EVERYONE like a VIP, not just those willing to fork over extra money above and beyond its park ticket prices and resort hotel rates. At least you can still find VIP treatment included on a Disney Cruise.
And back in the day, when you ordered a baked potato in a resteraunt, cheese, bacon, and sour cream was included. Now it's called loading your baked potato and it costs you a buck minimum. Shocking.

WDW1974

Didn't @WDW1974 say to expect even more up charge events? I wonder what they come out with for the Christmas season...

I guess this year really proves to be the year of a million ways to let you pay even more in Disney Parks.

The sad thing is that quite a few of these events even sound appealing, but in my opinion are about double of what I feel they would be worth it. Especially considering that they don't include park admission.

Yes, why yes, I do believe that is exactly what he has said.

And they will keep on coming.

Do I think these things are sad money grabs? Sure. But do I care? Not as long as they don't take something away from regular paying guests.

If people are dumb enough to spend their money on stuff like this, then great for Georgie, Jim, Meg and the entire WDW 'leadership' team.

$400 for about a $75-125 value tops. Yep ... WDW is pure MAGIC!

PhotoDave219

Yes, why yes, I do believe that is exactly what he has said.

And they will keep on coming.

Do I think these things are sad money grabs? Sure. But do I care? Not as long as they don't take something away from regular paying guests.

If people are dumb enough to spend their money on stuff like this, then great for Georgie, Jim, Meg and the entire WDW 'leadership' team.

$400 for about a $75-125 value tops. Yep ... WDW is pure MAGIC!

Not to defend them.... but if the market bears it and the guests want it. Might as well take the cash.

WDW1974

And back in the day, when you ordered a baked potato in a resteraunt, cheese, bacon, and sour cream was included. Now it's called loading your baked potato and it costs you a buck minimum. Shocking.

C'mon ... bad example ... bad, bad ... most restaurants I go to charge the same for a tater whether you get it with nothing ... have 1-2 items or go ... all the way (also on the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack and a major hit for what 70s group?)

WDW1974

Not to defend them.... but if the market bears it and the guests want it. Might as well take the cash.

I don't disagree.

People want to feel important ... and special and crow about access that others don't have (see : bloggers/Lifestylers when a Disney invite list comes out!)

It's for people with low self esteem and high bank balances (or credit card limits!)

Remember when Disney would trumpet Walt's old adage about ''Every guest is a VIP?'' ... Notice how Disney PR and social media NEVER use that anymore?

PhotoDave219

I don't disagree.

People want to feel important ... and special and crow about access that others don't have (see : bloggers/Lifestylers when a Disney invite list comes out!)

It's for people with low self esteem and high bank balances (or credit card limits!)

Remember when Disney would trumpet Walt's old adage about ''Every guest is a VIP?'' ... Notice how Disney PR and social media NEVER use that anymore?

Totally. However... we have a "Four Seasons"(tm) and we have to cater to that market.

I just want to see more Capex & investment.

I know its selfish but i want to see a multi-billion dollar makeover of DHS ala what happened to DCA.

seahawk7

The amount of upcharges that have been added this year is insane. How many are we up to now, has anyone kept count?#$howYourDi$ney$ide #YearOfAMillionUpcharges
I wonder if the Disney folks are making bets on which VIP will be the one where everyone says, "ENOUGH!"

BrerJon

ur a smarter man than me im sure..

i took the keys to the kingdom tour and really enjoyed it...
always wanted to try the this one..

i spent more on booze at lollapalooza 2 weeks ago then i will have paid for the tour.:cool:

The regular, non VIP tours that don't throw in glasses of champagne and stuff are great. Keys to The Kingdom is the best, but for an EPCOT Center nerd 'Undiscovered Future World' is a fantastic tour that often is overlooked and only costs $64. I think many park guests aren't aware of the regular tours as they are not heavily marketed so they think these VIP events are the only way to see some of this stuff.

Mike S

Don't give them ideas - or there will be upcharges for air.
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom