New Be Our Guest lunch line procedure (Test?)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So based on the menu I'm assuming this is a quick service breakfast still! And OMG I want that stuffed Cronut!!!

Looks like it, but hopefully will be ADR, like CRT & Crystal Palace, with character interaction - calling Belle. The character interaction at dinner is watching the Beast walk from his study to the library and then a photo, sans autograph, when you leave. Unlike all the other character interactions during dining, Beast doesn't wander around the rooms meeting his guests - at least not the main dining room.

Anyone have any idea when the rumored breakfasts will start? Seems pretty likely if a menu was posted on the employee intranet....

And to those of you who complain about resort guests getting the leg up on ADRs since our 180 day window includes the length of our resort stay, why not? We typically spend more money on a visit since we are staying on property. And don't answer back we get to use Disney Transportation, because I bet there are people on those buses who are staying off property and use them to get from one park to another or use the monorail to get around.

BrianV

Looks like it, but hopefully will be ADR, like CRT & Crystal Palace, with character interaction - calling Belle. The character interaction at dinner is watching the Beast walk from his study to the library and then a photo, sans autograph, when you leave. Unlike all the other character interactions during dining, Beast doesn't wander around the rooms meeting his guests - at least not the main dining room.

Anyone have any idea when the rumored breakfasts will start? Seems pretty likely if a menu was posted on the employee intranet....

And to those of you who complain about resort guests getting the leg up on ADRs since our 180 day window includes the length of our resort stay, why not? We typically spend more money on a visit since we are staying on property. And don't answer back we get to use Disney Transportation, because I bet there are people on those buses who are staying off property and use them to get from one park to another or use the monorail to get around.

Oh, I wasn't complaining. I'm always an on site guest. I was addressing complaints that day gusts could never get FP+ for BOG. There were some vicious arguments about this in the past with people threatening that they would never go to disney again, etc etc. This won't really help much, for them, in my opinion.

heath.sneyd

Even newer process, I got this e-mail Saturday... Personals edited out...

Bonjour *****,

Now for a limited time, you may be able to participate in a test for lunch at BeOur Guest Restaurant. Step inside the Beast’s enchanted castle and experience a meal unlike any before. You can select an arrival window and pre-order meals for your entire party* before arriving at Be Our GuestRestaurant and on the day of your lunch, with your MagicBand**, you’ll beable to breeze by the line, confirm and pay for your order.

To begin, follow the steps below:

1. Log on to https://BeOurGuestLunch.disney.go.com using your Disney.com account.
  2. Enter your Resort Reservation Number to begin: ************
  3. Select an arrival window and pre-order your meal
    (arrival windows are subject to capacity and availability).
Don’t forget to wear your MagicBand when you arrive at Be Our GuestRestaurant during your arrival window, and please enter the Disney FastPass+entrance at the beginning of the bridge. No matter where you dine at Be OurGuest Restaurant your food will be magically delivered to you! Bon appétit!

*Offer is nontransferable, is only valid for those Guests listed on the Disney Resort hotel reservation, and is not for sale.

**Guests who (1) choose not to wear a MagicBand, (2) wear a MagicBand but choose to pay with cash or meal vouchers or (3) need to make modifications to their order will be directed to the order room to proceed. One quick-service meal entitlement will be redeemed for Guests with dining plan packages.

Valid park admission is required to enter Magic Kingdom® Park. Cannot accept early or late arrivals. Valid only on the date and time as noted on the Be Our Guest website and valid only for the duration of your Disney Resort hotel stay.This offer is valid for lunch only. Arrival windows are subject to capacity and availability. Operation hours of the restaurant are subject to closures and change without notice. Not valid for any admission to any Theme Park.

Please do not reply to this email. This account is not monitored.If you have any questions, please stop by the MyMagic+ Service Center at Magic Kingdom® Park.

This email is a commercial advertisement or promotion sent to: ***********@*****.COM

If you do not want to receive future commercial emails at this email address from Disney Destinations, LLC, or other Disney entities advertising or promoting Walt Disney World® products or services, Click here.

Disney Destinations Marketing
Attn: Email Compliance
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

CMR-12-21993
©Disney

dreamfinder

Even newer process, I got this e-mail Saturday... Personals edited out...

Bonjour *****,

Now for a limited time, you may be able to participate in a test for lunch at BeOur Guest Restaurant. Step inside the Beast’s enchanted castle and experience a meal unlike any before. You can select an arrival window and pre-order meals for your entire party* before arriving at Be Our GuestRestaurant and on the day of your lunch, with your MagicBand**, you’ll beable to breeze by the line, confirm and pay for your order.

To begin, follow the steps below:

1. Log on to https://BeOurGuestLunch.disney.go.com using your Disney.com account.
  2. Enter your Resort Reservation Number to begin: ************
  3. Select an arrival window and pre-order your meal
    (arrival windows are subject to capacity and availability).
Don’t forget to wear your MagicBand when you arrive at Be Our GuestRestaurant during your arrival window, and please enter the Disney FastPass+entrance at the beginning of the bridge. No matter where you dine at Be OurGuest Restaurant your food will be magically delivered to you! Bon appétit!

*Offer is nontransferable, is only valid for those Guests listed on the Disney Resort hotel reservation, and is not for sale.

**Guests who (1) choose not to wear a MagicBand, (2) wear a MagicBand but choose to pay with cash or meal vouchers or (3) need to make modifications to their order will be directed to the order room to proceed. One quick-service meal entitlement will be redeemed for Guests with dining plan packages.

Valid park admission is required to enter Magic Kingdom® Park. Cannot accept early or late arrivals. Valid only on the date and time as noted on the Be Our Guest website and valid only for the duration of your Disney Resort hotel stay.This offer is valid for lunch only. Arrival windows are subject to capacity and availability. Operation hours of the restaurant are subject to closures and change without notice. Not valid for any admission to any Theme Park.

Please do not reply to this email. This account is not monitored.If you have any questions, please stop by the MyMagic+ Service Center at Magic Kingdom® Park.

This email is a commercial advertisement or promotion sent to: ***********@*****.COM

If you do not want to receive future commercial emails at this email address from Disney Destinations, LLC, or other Disney entities advertising or promoting Walt Disney World® products or services, Click here.

Disney Destinations Marketing
Attn: Email Compliance
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

CMR-12-21993
©Disney

Sounds fairly similar to the existing ADR process for BoG. Not sure how this is different.

Figaro928

I am 21 days out (check-in is on February 25th) and have NOT gotten an email. Super bummed since visiting BOG was a biggie for us.... Went on to the website chat feature to ask for the ressie number. Was told I have no chance of getting an email or ressie number since my check in is on Feb 25th. However after having to reconfirm with someone else she assured me that a walk up line would still be available :cautious:

SnarkyMonkey

Here's a question: Do you think WDW will move from its current ADR system to a FP+ system for the restaurants? What about pre-ordered meals?

dreamfinder

I am 21 days out (check-in is on February 25th) and have NOT gotten an email. Super bummed since visiting BOG was a biggie for us.... Went on to the website chat feature to ask for the ressie number. Was told I have no chance of getting an email or ressie number since my check in is on Feb 25th. However after having to reconfirm with someone else she assured me that a walk up line would still be available :cautious:

Did you try the steps outlined above? For ages it had been working for anyone who had a valid reservation, you didn't necessarily need to receive the email.

cdi

"beourguestlunch" site now reads "On Feb. 24, 2015 the lunch testing at Be Our Guest Restaurant will be ending.
Beginning Feb. 25, log on to MyDisneyExperience.com for more information
about dining at Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch."

cdi

another article says "Be Our Guest Restaurant Opening Lunch Reservations To All Guests, Food Pre-Ordering Available, Breakfast Coming Soon"

It would be great to have breakfast at BOG!

BrerJon

Here's a question: Do you think WDW will move from its current ADR system to a FP+ system for the restaurants? What about pre-ordered meals?

I think it's inevitable that over the next few years WDW will make it compulsory to pre-choose your food when making a reservation, as that way they can control stock much better and save a lot of money. If they know that 2500 guests are going to want a chicken salad, that's going to be far cheaper than having to buy 5000 salads and refrigerating them on the off chance.

My guess is if you don't know what you want to eat 30-60 days out your choices will be very limited very quickly. I hope you like burgers!

I think what will happen is all sit-downs will become all pre-chosen and ADR, but quick service will only require ADRs, and let you choose on the day, except for one or two locations with exceptional demand like BoG.

Figaro928

Did you try the steps outlined above? For ages it had been working for anyone who had a valid reservation, you didn't necessarily need to receive the email.
Yup - when I put in my 12 digit code it just says "Guest is already registered" Called Disney & was on the phone with IT for about 20 minutes, finally she said the February 24th cut-off date was why....

SnarkyMonkey

I think it's inevitable that over the next few years WDW will make it compulsory to pre-choose your food when making a reservation, as that way they can control stock much better and save a lot of money. If they know that 2500 guests are going to want a chicken salad, that's going to be far cheaper than having to buy 5000 salads and refrigerating them on the off chance.

My guess is if you don't know what you want to eat 30-60 days out your choices will be very limited very quickly. I hope you like burgers!

I think what will happen is all sit-downs will become all pre-chosen and ADR, but quick service will only require ADRs, and let you choose on the day, except for one or two locations with exceptional demand like BoG.

This is an interesting take. I think it makes sense that they would like to be able to control stock better, if they could get away with it. I'm not sure though that this would fly with many guests. I can see them making pre-ordering optional, but not compulsory. But I think there is something to them going in this direction.

BrerJon

This is an interesting take. I think it makes sense that they would like to be able to control stock better, if they could get away with it. I'm not sure though that this would fly with many guests. I can see them making pre-ordering optional, but not compulsory. But I think there is something to them going in this direction.

Abolishing in-restaurant decisions and making guests pre-decide will save a lot of time in the sit-down restaurants as instead of the server having to give recommendations or asking if people know what they'd like, they can just confirm what the guest ordered and put it in the system immediately once they're seated, so a sit down meal should take far less time and they can get a higher turnover of guests.

Also the kitchens will know exactly what to make which should make service smoother. The only issue is sometimes people buy things, like an extra dessert, that they didn't know they would have a craving for 30 days before the meal, and I can't imagine Disney turning down the revenue so I imagine they will let people add extra items if they have the stock, but you won't be able to change your entree choice on the day except under exceptional circumstances.

They probably will let you do so, possibly by paying a 'change charge', up to 24 hours before though, as they do with ADRs now.

I think pre-choosing at quick service will be compulsory only in the popular locations, so that guest who don't want to pre-book their choices still have some options and they get the best of both worlds. But the days of having complete choice at the point of hunger what you want to eat are on their way out I think, in fact you could say it's been like that since the Dining Plan was introduced.

Last edited:

SnarkyMonkey

I'm not clear how the Disney Dining Plan has taken away your ability to choose spontaneously what you would like to eat? Could you explain that?

Like I said, it's a good theory and maybe they will get there eventually. I personally don't like it, although I would put up with it. I know why Disney would want the meal to go more quickly but I already feel like a lot of TS restaurants are a little rushed.

BrerJon

I'm not clear how the Disney Dining Plan has taken away your ability to choose spontaneously what you would like to eat? Could you explain that?

Sure, in the days before the dining plan restaurants were never fully booked so if you wanted say steak at Le Cellier, or Pizza in Italy, or felt like a smart French meal, you had the full choice. After the Dining Plan was introduced it made so many more guests eat sit-down meals than before that many places are nowadays reservation only at times, so your choice is often limited to either quick service or the sit-downs that are still taking wak-ups.

SnarkyMonkey

Sure, in the days before the dining plan restaurants were never fully booked so if you wanted say steak at Le Cellier, or Pizza in Italy, or felt like a smart French meal, you had the full choice. After the Dining Plan was introduced it made so many more guests eat sit-down meals than before that many places are nowadays reservation only at times, so your choice is often limited to either quick service or the sit-downs that are still taking wak-ups.

Oh ok. But that's a very different thing than not getting to decide what menu item to choose on the day that you are dining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom