New after hours street party coming to this year's Epcot Food and Festival

F&W has become a horrifically local event on the weekend. The purpose of the Premium package (which is available only to resort guest) is to draw people away from the weekend and into the week.

I agree with this logic but it won't work. The weekend madness at F&W will continue because it is the locals who are in the majority on the weekends since they have to work during the week (or go to classes).

BuddyThomas

I have no doubt that TDO has the DJ's on a short leash. But there's just such a bland, corporate feel to the WDW "dance parties" of recent years. It's the same middle-aged guy in a Hawaiian shirt who is "fun!" playing the same 8 songs over and over while 4 year olds and their Soccer Mom minders wiggle around a dance floor. Hey kids, it's Macarena time! Puke.

Instead of corporate song lists and a bad DJ, why not take it upscale? A live jazz band and fire torches and lounge furniture to enjoy the warm evening and romantic environment of World Showcase by? A hip ultralounge instead of a bad wedding reception?
The DJs have done a very fine job at the various evening parties that I have been to throughout the parks over the years, including One Mighty Party at MGM, and Beach Ball at Typhoon Lagoon, more recently renamed Riptide. No Macarena lines at any of these. Of course, these all take place during the weekend in early June that may not be discussed.......

asianway

The DJs have done a very fine job at the various evening parties that I have been to throughout the parks over the years, including One Mighty Party at MGM, and Beach Ball at Typhoon Lagoon, more recently renamed Riptide. No Macarena lines at any of these. Of course, these all take place during the weekend in early June that may not be discussed.......
The Beach Ball...I saw a pic from it this year

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I have no doubt that TDO has the DJ's on a short leash. But there's just such a bland, corporate feel to the WDW "dance parties" of recent years. It's the same middle-aged guy in a Hawaiian shirt who is "fun!" playing the same 8 songs over and over while 4 year olds and their Soccer Mom minders wiggle around a dance floor. Hey kids, it's Macarena time! Puke.

Instead of corporate song lists and a bad DJ, why not take it upscale? A live jazz band and fire torches and lounge furniture to enjoy the warm evening and romantic environment of World Showcase by? A hip ultralounge instead of a bad wedding reception?
The only bad wedding reception on property is Atlantic Dance Hall :hungover:

I think the DJs doing dance parties do a good job. I'm actually a huge fan of DJ Elliot. I work out to his mixes and run the marathon to them too! Some of it's very creative

GrumpySue

I have to agree with a previous poster, this will definately impact the guests staying at Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk. Especially if there is a DJ. We were at Yacht Club once when they had a party at Typhoon Lagoon with a DJ and we could hear it very clearly, kept us up very late. I love the F&W Festival, but I think this is a bad idea, and way overpriced.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Looks like I will be the victim of this upcharge event (at least during the last week of October).... I am sold on the "exclusivity" and the fun Magic Band... Hope to see some of you there...

*1023*

jakeman

Just a heads up for everyone. I called today to renew our passes and mentioned the above. The person on the line could not do anything about the cancellation (we are unable to attend a Thursday night), but stated there was a special group reaching out to everyone to make alternate arrangements.

If I had to guess, offering it as part of the VIP experience has mucked up what would have been a simple reschedule or refund issue.

prberk

This is 100% correct! Epcot should just be open late, end of story. To anyone saying this is not effecting guests, you're completely wrong. This allows the park to close early, have minimum staff, and charge for being in a park that should be open.

I remember the day when EPCOT was open late on any summer night, or any other busy time, as was the MK. That should be the answer, period. Busy times = extended hours. It makes up for the longer lines during less busy times. It's just right.

jakeman

Got a call from Disney.

If you can't rebook to Thursday, then they will refund the value of the after hours party ($80) or rebook you to something else. We were offered the Illuminations desert party and an additional $30 gift card. They seemed willing to rebook to other festival experiences but the one we asked about (Party for the Senses) was already sold out.

note2001

This is not selling.

First the Tuesday night was dropped, and now there is a large cast discount for the remaining Thursday dates.

Interesting. I guess the "If you build it, they will come" thought process does not apply to this event. Or, perhaps, the problem is that Disney has not built this event into anything worth noting. DJs are everywhere and the F&W festival is plenty.

jakeman

This is not selling.

First the Tuesday night was dropped, and now there is a large cast discount for the remaining Thursday dates.
It's $80 for 6 tastings. Let's say they are the most expensive food item at $7.50.

$7.50 x 6 = $45

That means the intangibles of staying in one area of the park (that has no attractions) with a DJ are $35.

I guess folks aren't finding the value in that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom