The Magic Carpets of Aladdin closing for refurbishment in November

The Empress Lilly

Why is this attraction so reviled? Outside of the "it doesn't belong in Adventureland" argument that is? Seems like, for me at least, it's a good option for children that like spinners and don't want to walk all the way to Dumbo 2.0 Yet all these adults, who I don't think it's necessarily looking to please anyway, come on this forum and slam the ride. I could take it or leave it, but I think it's sometimes fun to see an unsuspecting guest spit on by the camel looking toward the Dole Whip stand.
It is reviled because it single-handedly ruins an entire land. From a lush tropical paradise to a cramped, hot, claustrophobic, loud, obnoxious hellhole.

Wish they would get rid of the spinner (DHS can use it!) and gave us back Adventureleand.

tiki bird area without aladdin.jpg

It would be prefect in the Animation Courtyard. Or perhaps Morocco on the waterfront.

Yes, because when I think about Morocco the first thing that comes to mind is how everyone rides flying carpets.

I like the carpets, they were my DD's first WDW ride. But they are just sort of in the middle of a walkway. I'm not opposed to a mini Aladdin themed land in Adventureland, but it does seem a bit forced where it is now.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The carpets are not going anywhere, so not really much point in talking about it.

The Incredible Schmulk

The carpets are not going anywhere, so not really much point in talking about it.

Aw, c'mon. There's nothing wrong with a little wishful whining. Personally, I'd like to see it replaced with something a little more useful, like a tree or even a DVC kiosk.

Maybe it'll be refurbished into a Transformer.

Spike-in-Berlin

Refurbish? Rip them out, for gods sake! This terrible cheap looking carnival ride, with this tiny little "Aggrabah"-corner between the South Seas and colonial Africa it is even worse, is a theming overkill that has spoiled what was once beautiful AL plaza! It causes congestion and just looks terrible. It is perhaps the worst imagineering ever. Get rid of it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom