First Limited Edition MagicBands coming to Star Wars Weekend V

Steveg2112

I don't know if they sold out or not. We got ours at 9.00pm on the Sunday and still had the choice of Darth and Yoda, we got ours at the photo store just inside the park entrance.
It has been said that the custom color and sound only work at the Studio's and I am guessing this is the case as they didn't doing anything special at MK last night.

steamboatjosh

And now we know what the Star Wars magicbands are gonna look like after Star Wars Land opens. No way they're not gonna bring those back.

Dwarful

For $30 they should talk in every park. My MB gave me a horrible rash....but no one else in my family...which makes me think it was the heat and maybe a reaction with meds? Not sure. Anyway, I am sure there will be a lot of people willing to fork out the money. But since I only used the band in the parks I'm not spending $150+ to upgrade our family.

wild01ride

We got one for my 11 year old this past Sat. He is a Star Wars nut and agreed to pay for it coming from his "toy"/souvenir budget for the trip.
I realize there's a lot of criticism out there for MagicBands, but the fact is that value comes in many different forms for different people.
If my 11 year old was not only interested but enthused to buy this in lieu of a toy for something that was unique and represented his personality, then by all means, I support it.
I have a hard time imagining what theme I would spend $30 on for my own interests, but that's what makes people different and unique.

Anyhow, I think that it's an interesting option for people to make the MagicBand experience more interesting.

Anyone who's still interesting in buying one, they're still a handful of Yoda MagicBands over at Disney & Co. I grabbed one today, but the Darth Vader ones are sold out.

DGRYAN1977

I was at Hollywood studios on Tuesday(June 24) and one of the stores right near the entrance had hundreds of yoda and vader. The guy working the counter chuckled when I said "I thought these would have sold out". Apparently the price tag is keeping people, like myself, away.

KingdomofDreams

They didn't have them ready, advertised, and offered for sale at the very beginning of SWW's. By the time they came out, I believe the weekend's were pretty much over. Also, they are priced a little too high and the coolest selling feature, the sounds, only work at the Studios from what I understand. They should have had them ready for the opening of SWW, set them up so the sound effects work at all the parks and rather than go for the ridiculously inflated "Limited Edition" price point, kept the cost somewhat more reasonable. No doubt they would have sold like crazy. IMHO

Rob562

They didn't have them ready, advertised, and offered for sale at the very beginning of SWW's. By the time they came out, I believe the weekend's were pretty much over. Also, they are priced a little too high and the coolest selling feature, the sounds, only work at the Studios from what I understand. They should have had them ready for the opening of SWW, set them up so the sound effects work at all the parks and rather than go for the ridiculously inflated "Limited Edition" price point, kept the cost somewhat more reasonable. No doubt they would have sold like crazy. IMHO

I'm sure these first Bands are a learning experience for the Merchandise people. There's really nothing similar to them, so there's no real way to gauge a starting price-point. It sounds like they guessed a little too high. I'm thinking future versions might come down in price $5-$10. (Just a guess)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom