First Limited Edition MagicBands coming to Star Wars Weekend V

WDF

I wonder if there will be any left later tonight. If I had known about the talking I would have gone before work! Talked myself out of it. :facepalm:

seascape

We are still on the fence for DVC, I see the savings potential but cannot get my wife past the up front $$$ and being tied to a resort for the most part but that is another thread discussion I guess.

There is a great deal of productivity savings down the road that I believe will be down the road from transportation, resorts, dining and more. FP+ for BOG enables a much faster user experience which gets you in and out faster which in turn adds to the number of customers they can serve. If your order is pre-placed you simply check-in, pick up your food and eat it takes fewer CM and you spend less time eating, they get the same spend in less time with lower expenses per transaction. This could be applied across all CS restaurants if successful

If you have FP+ reservations at MK for 10AM or lunch at CP at 11AM and they have LR readers in the bus stop, they can arguably forecast that you are headed to MK when you get to the bus stop at 8:00AM. The same for when you leave MK later in the day, your dining reservations at the Brown Derby in HS for 6:00 would trigger that they now have a new party of X guests leaving MK and most likely headed to the HS bus stop.
DVC can be a great deal but I say by resale unless you really want to stay at the Grand Floridan or Polynesian. You can save a significant amount.

JohnD

Yea. Once I found out that they talked it made buying them worth it.

Exactly. Wasn't sure about the price before but the different voices MIGHT make the price worth it. OTOH, you could say, "so what"? The code in the chip generates the voice you hear. If, for example, you have an MB with Mickey Mouse, you might hear "Oh! Boy!", Goofy - "Gawrsh!", etc. Before you know it, the only ones at $12.95 would be the standard ones with plain colors.

MGMBoy

One quick question though. The posting says you have to link it to an existing MDE account at purchase. How does that work? Do they just give the e-mail address associated with the MDE account? What I am trying to figure out is, if they came out with a special one that I REALLY wanted, could I have a friend of mine purchase it for me, link it to my MDE and then ship it to me? Would they need all my login credentials?

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
One quick question though. The posting says you have to link it to an existing MDE account at purchase. How does that work? Do they just give the e-mail address associated with the MDE account? What I am trying to figure out is, if they came out with a special one that I REALLY wanted, could I have a friend of mine purchase it for me, link it to my MDE and then ship it to me? Would they need all my login credentials?

I am interested in that option too!

Sparky359621

They scan the magicband that you have and link it that way.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Well it looks like all the talk about was going to have to cut money from everything to pay for the Magic Bands may not be a fact. Looks like if people are willing to wait in line for 30 minutes to hand over almost $30 to buy one, this program may pay for itself.

amy2313

Did I understand the posts correctly in that the Star Wars magicbands can only be bought at the Darth Mall location and they must be programed to your park pass at that time?

I went to the SWW on May 24 and I have a friend going tomorrow and was going to have her buy it for me but if I can’t set it up later it will be pointless.

Can anyone confirm this? Thank you.

tribbleorlfl

Still plenty left as of an hour ago. Really surprised they aren't long gone, can only imagine the linking requirement is discouraging the purchase from those that otherwise would have snatched a couple.

Cmdr_Crimson

Presumably you'd only get the plain colors included with your reservation. Perhaps they'd give you the upsell opportunity to "upgrade your Band to one with a design for $5 per person" or something like that.

Or, they'll leave the Bands with designs as a full-price item you can purchase just like anyone else.

-Rob

I can see that happening. It would just be silly to add the $30 wrist band in the middle of a trip. Hopefully they will make have personalized bands in the few years ahead..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom