New 'Winged Encounters - The Kingdom Takes Flight' macaw experience will open at Animal Kingdom

FigmentJedi

Plus, and I have not been to the SeaWorld in FL in decades, but based on my experience in multiple aquariums, penguins STINK. The entire enclosure area ends up reeking of penguin (for lack of a better term), and really takes me away from the time I'd love to spend watching them.
I hear that. Back when Lincoln Park Zoo had a Penguin house, I decided on referring to it "The Stink Palace".

ratherbeinwdw

I saw the practice for this in October! We were walking through Asia just between Yak and Yeti and Flights of Wonder and saw the macaws fly over and towards the tree of life. It was great.
We saw this also during emh's in October. We use to have macaws and cockatoos so I know how intelligent they are. We thought they had "escaped". They actually landed in the trees. It was such a great feeling seeing these beautiful birds flying free.
They can escape from just about anything unless it's made of metal. We had one that totally chewed the door jam around our patio doors off before we even realized what he had been doing. The jam was behind a curtain close to his perch, so we didn't notice it for a while.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Mar 13. Here is the new location on the left side of the Tree of Life plaza.

IMG_5070.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom