Disney's Hollywood Studios 25th Anniversary?

Communicore

image.jpg

Kman101

Sad that DHS didn't get a much bigger turnout (and despite what sounded like Ops on their A game, it just seems like they slapped this together). It's definitely always been my favorite park.

The fireworks looked fantastic though. I loved the Tower of Terror, Muppets and Be Our Guest segments.

The motorcade seemed really ... sad? LOL. I get what they were trying to do (showcase the "stars" that guests see everyday in the park), but, really, they couldn't loosen the purse strings and throw in some extra characters that DON'T appear there every day? I'm sure they have the costumes. Oh well.

mm52200

Makes me sad cause DHS does have a lot of strong points and things going for it, they just have let the park get stale and have really lost it's direction, they don't know what the rest of the park besides Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard is supposed to be.

Scuttle

Sandy and I were there today... honestly? I thought HS was pretty EMPTY. Rides were close to walk ons, and I saw something I had NEVER seen before: an empty waiting room at the Brown Derby, at 6:00 PM (!). As we were riding back, we heard dispatch tell the Bus Drivers to resume normal HS routes (drop the concept of heavy "event" routes).
It was really slow. midway mania was only 45 minutes at 1:00.

scoobygirl39541

Ok so I take back everything I said earlier in this thread. I'm so glad we went today! Didn't go for any of the merchandise, but got a few special maps and pins they were giving away. There were hardly any lines and only saw TSMM reach 70min. Plus, that special fireworks show was fantastic, especially that finale!

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

That's sad. I guess I root for the underdog and DHS definitely feels like the underdog of the four parks.
Nobody really turned out and nothing really happened for DAK's 15th, either. Then again, 15 isn't as big as 25.

People would be more excited if exciting things were going to be announced, but alas, there is nothing. Also maybe people were worried this would turn out like the Unleash the Villains event and just avoided it.

They might slap these together but I appreciate that they at least do something, despite not having anything to announce or anything.

FrankLapidus

The fireworks looked good. The rest of it was incredibly underwhelming.

This park is in such desperate need of attention that its getting pitiful. Even a 25th anniversary celebration looks like it was just thrown together at the last minute (fireworks aside). Its sad, the park needs and deserves a lot more than its getting.

seascape

I may be wrong but I really believe that there will be some major announcement this month at star wars weekends. I expect either a major expansion of Star Wars attractions. either expanding DHS or a 5th park does not matter. If Disney does it right this time they can blow US out of the water and add 10 million to total attendance. Upgrading DHS, EPCOT and what is planned for AK is all that is needed to accomplish this. But if they wanted to go back over 80% market share in Orlando they could do what everyone would like but does not think they will do.

PhotoDave219

I may be wrong but I really believe that there will be some major announcement this month at star wars weekends. I expect either a major expansion of Star Wars attractions. either expanding DHS or a 5th park does not matter. If Disney does it right this time they can blow US out of the water and add 10 million to total attendance. Upgrading DHS, EPCOT and what is planned for AK is all that is needed to accomplish this. But if they wanted to go back over 80% market share in Orlando they could do what everyone would like but does not think they will do.

Oh not this again.

Brigante pulled this crap on all of us last year, We're not falling for a "major announcement" again.

dvitali

Also Power Rangers,Handy Manny,new Mickey Mouse Club stars, Drew Carrey, Muppets,
Blow out the windows of the V shape building on the street of America as in the introduction video of WCW Nitro, have WWF /WCW wrestlers jump off the turnstile entrance into the ring in the front of the park, who want to be a millionaire, Hulk Hogan Thunder Bay tv show, etc etc.

Jwhee

Why couldn't they use some of those cars from Stars in Motor Cars in the parade? I bet that they still have them.

*Edit* they shipped them to DLP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom