Swiss Family Treehouse to close for a brief refurbishment in March

dgp602

The treehouse at night is one of the most underrated MK experiences. :)
Totally agree....it's an easy attraction to mock, but for those looking to quietly experience some of that "old Disney charm", this is the perfect attraction to do that...... This attraction is a one of a kind experience. No modern day park would invest the space, time or money to create something like this. All of us, me included, do like to bash TDO for gutting, changing and replacing "classic" Disney ( see Toad, Snow White, Water feature at Poly, current Hub work, Original Country Bears Show, PUSH, etc...). This is a throwback attraction that the clock is probably ticking on. I am sure some money conscious TDO employee has an eye on this parcel of land and is just waiting for when the time is right to make his career advancing, money saving proposal to close the Tree House.

And when the time comes to post the thread announcing the closure of the Tree House, I am sure that some who now mock this attraction, will be posting about the loss of another "Disney classic".

Last edited:

tl77

concept art for a big tree you access by crossing a bridge
D23_PixieHollow.jpg

Rob562

Incidentally, with the water being drained I presume the Pirates interactive game station that involves something in the water between the Treehouse and the JC has been deactivated?

-Rob

Scuttle

Thanks. I'm there for a long weekend class trip during that time, I always like to walk through the Treehouse late at night if we walk by. It's a cool treasure for those who like it.
The treehouse at night is awesome. One of those attractions that is enhanced greatly at night kind of like Big Thunder. I always wished the Riverboat kept running for a few hours after dusk.

jayhawkmickey

I love the treehouse and, I love the movie. It's a must do for me. My wife on the other hand could care less and would love to see it turned into a, ahem, stupid pixie hollow meet and greet. We don't speak about the treehouse any more.:rolleyes:

tl77

Amazing that the transition to this will take just 12 days.
After they started sticking Jack Sparrow/pirate stuff all over Adventureland, they then put out that 4th movie that for some reason had a scene in a giant tree house, I then half expected to see the Swiss Family get evicted by the Pirates

I some people really love it but to me the Tree House is like a themed queue to a ride that doesn't exist, it's like the line for Expedition Everest with stairs

ToTBellHop

After they started sticking Jack Sparrow/pirate stuff all over Adventureland, they then put out that 4th movie that for some reason had a scene in a giant tree house, I then half expected to see the Swiss Family get evicted by the Pirates

I some people really love it but to me the Tree House is like a themed queue to a ride that doesn't exist, it's like the line for Expedition Everest with stairs
I enjoy it. It is one of the few places in the MK where you can still find some peace and quiet. And some pretty views.

The Empress Lilly

Just a quick heads up since I hadn't seen it posted. The Swiss Family Treehouse will be closed March 17-28th. I doubt this will ruin anybody's trip, but better to know in advance just in case.
I planned my sept 2011 trip around the Treehouse refurbishment. Something is always under tarps (as it should be!), but I couldn't bear to miss out on the Treehouse. :)

I love old skool MK. What I like best about the MK is the classic charm and warmth of the Treehouse, Small World, the lake with TSI and Riverboat, the detail of Liberty Square, the atmosphere of MS, the exoticism of the Jungle Cruise and Tiki. Walt-era rock-solid design.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I don't mind nostalgia as long as it's not boring. Swiss Family Treehouse is INCREDIBLY boring.
Says you. Clearly not everyone agrees.
Perhaps you should have said, "I think Swiss Family Treehouse is INCREDIBLY boring".

I think Swiss Family Treehouse is an outstanding walk-through attraction, affording beautiful views of the park, especially at night. It is a must-do for us at least once per trip. YMMV.

John

Just thought of something.....I bet there are people right here at the Magic who have never even experienced the Tree house.....SMH....For me it is a must do, the movie is a childhood classic. How many of us when we were kids wished we were living in that tree house? How many o us wished we were the ones living on that island? Isn't this what WDW is supposed to be? A place for ALL to enjoy? Well some of us are over 40 years of age and can romanticize and recapture just a small part of our childhood. Boring? Well then, if you find it boring there is always the Stitch attraction for you.:facepalm:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Just thought of something.....I bet there are people right here at the Magic who have never even experienced the Tree house.....SMH....For me it is a must do, the movie is a childhood classic. How many of us when we were kids wished we were living in that tree house? How many o us wished we were the ones living on that island? Isn't this what WDW is supposed to be? A place for ALL to enjoy? Well some of us are over 40 years of age and can romanticize and recapture just a small part of our childhood. Boring? Well then, if you find it boring there is always the Stitch attraction for you.:facepalm:
I am the 46 year old mother of two boys in their late teens. I dream of running away to live in that treehouse EVERY DAY!!

MKCP 1985

Peace and quiet is for the hotel room, not something called an attraction in a place named ADVENTUREland. :D

If there were more attractions in the Adventureland area, I could be persuaded to leave the Treehouse alone for those who enjoy the photography opportunities it offers and the respite from the crowds. But alas, Adventureland needs Adventure so the treehouse needs to be retired to yesterdayland and replaced by something adventurous and ADA compliant! I still say installing a zipline to go over the Jungle Cruise rivers would be a great improvement,but since that will never happen I just hope for the day somebody comes up with something exciting that could fit in the available space. "Hypnotiq Tales with Kaa?" maybe? "Archery contest with Robin Hood and Little John?" "Gator races with the Rescuers?" Nope, just a dumb old treehouse with pretty views for people who bring their tripods or are looking to hide from their kids. :lol

surfsupdon

Nope, just a dumb old treehouse with pretty views for people who bring their tripods or are looking to hide from their kids. :lol

Or people with an imagination and a fodness for the original movie. That movie was a favorite, a classic, growing up. The Treehouse is great to imagine being yours. And it's really cool at night.

I don't bring tripods or have kids, yet, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom