See 'Blank - A Vinylmation Love Story' at Disney's Hollywood Studios next weekend

The Empress Lilly

Silly, an example of the runaway marketeering of the WDW experience.

Once, WDW presented you with fantastic attractions and experiences, including theme reinforcing shopping. The merchandise was subordinate to show.

Next, this was replaced by 'the same Disney junk merchandise everywhere'. From a themed environment to a themed shopping mall.

Now, the reversal is complete: the attractions showcase the merchandise, instead of the merchandise reflecting the show.

The Empress Lilly

Disney Parks! Watch your pin collection come to life as you ride Pins of the Carribean!

Soar together with your cartoon pins over the London sky in Peter Pin! Tired? Have a rest in the neighbouring Rapinzel area.

Prefer Vinylmation?
Head over to EPCOT for World of Vinylmotion! Next visit the Art of Vinylmation at the Studios!

Clowd Nyne

Vinylmation is great. So is stop action animation. I love the combo. I hope this is hitting DVD. And come on
Disney Parks! Watch your pin collection come to life as you ride Pins of the Carribean!

Soar together with your cartoon pins over the London sky in Peter Pin! Tired? Have a rest in the neighbouring Rapinzel area.

Prefer Vinylmation?
Head over to EPCOT for World of Vinylmotion! Next visit the Art of Vinylmation at the Studios!
its not staying around long term

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I like it.

@The Empress Lilly we agree so often, but on this, we part ways. I think this is a very "cute" looking film, and definitely something unique and fun. It's including with park admission, it's not like you have to buy 7 Vinyls to get a ticket. I'm on board.

The Empress Lilly

I like it.

@The Empress Lilly we agree so often, but on this, we part ways. I think this is a very "cute" looking film, and definitely something unique and fun. It's including with park admission, it's not like you have to buy 7 Vinyls to get a ticket. I'm on board.
Gah! So much for my attempts then at some fashionable WDW bashing in this thread! :oops:

* leaves thread, fades off into the distance, all alone, can be heard mumbling to himself something about 'pixie dust snorters' and 'back in my day' *

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Gah! So much for my attempts then at some fashionable WDW bashing in this thread! :oops:

* leaves thread, fades off into the distance, all alone, can be heard mumbling to himself something about 'pixie dust snorters' and 'back in my day' *

That's not all you mumbled....

*'Riverboats have paddle wheels, disgraceful'*

Isn't it a little surprising this thread has only 7, 8 with this one, replies?

JimboJones123

[quote="asianway, post: 5933832, member: 3262hesitat]ey...and I'm still trying to figure out who greet lit this. A colossal amount of wages were ed away for what amounts to a vanity project[/quote]
Honestly, a brand building company would not hesitate to green light this. They also wouldn't have the screws so right that these kind of rotating projects would be popping up all the time. Vinylmation sales baffle me to no end, but if the historical archiving done on them soul be introduced as a parkwide initiative, they could bring back some of the Disney luster that has been tarnished.

Some of the them are really really neat to see. Again, not own. This company has a real problem with any aspect of itself that isn't currently bringing in X number of dollars daily.

Why is there not a Disney Afternoon dark ride at DHS? The Vinylmation gets it. Heck, they could sell DVDs and plush out the wazzoo if they wanted. I would take a Monterrey Jack plush and a Gizmoduck action figure in a heartbeat. And where is my Bronx hoodie?

There is a maturity depressed marked begging for this right now.

And so why is it that only the Vinylmation team has any clue?

JimboJones123

Watched the film today. Apparently attendance has been very light, but the bottom line gurus will be happy to know a good chunk of visitors were buying merch at the cart.

I am a huge fan of animation and animated shorts. The Vinylmation theme was just an overlay to the story. It wasn't a huge giant commercial.

The story itself struck me very personally. I adored it. But, I can also see many folks not appreciating it.

Bolt

I don't "Get" the whole Vinylmation thing. Pin trading I understand - it causes you to interact with other guests & cast members.
I wouldn't be surprised to see MagicBand BandIt trading soon with the Cast/Guests. You had to buy a lanyard in the past, but now a lot more people at least has a MagicBand on and can trade on the go.

dreamfinder

I don't "Get" the whole Vinylmation thing. Pin trading I understand - it causes you to interact with other guests & cast members.

They also have Vinylmation trading. Really no different than pin trading, except the larger size. Which causes lots of people to not bother trading. It's easy to carry a few hundred pins in a binder on plane, but carrying more than a dozen or two vinyls gets difficult and bulky. There are people that do set up their own local trading sessions, but the shift away from only blind box, to a mix of window/blind box rending trading not as important.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom